Do Texture mods make you crash?

Spewed

Oh god, this page is hilarious. It's clearly Bethesda's fault your game is crashing and it's my fault it's not crashing on my computer.

Also, @ the guy comparing Fallout NV to Skyrim, one has been out for years, one has been out for a few months. Let that sink in for a little bit.

Brb, playing Skyrim.

Congratulations your game doesn't crash. Lets be smug about it and pretend we'd attach our lips to Bethesda's rear end! Good going, you've painted your nose brown, now what? Are we establishing a giggle here?

Yeah, no.. My game still doesn't work. Congrats, yours does. News flash, just because your game works, doesn't mean mine does, and doesn't invalidate anything anyone else says. Troll.

Congratulations your game doesn't crash. Lets be smug about it and pretend we'd attach our lips to Bethesda's rear end! Good going, you've painted your nose brown, now what? Are we establishing a giggle here?

Yeah, no.. My game still doesn't work. Congrats, yours does. News flash, just because your game works, doesn't mean mine does, and doesn't invalidate anything anyone else says. Troll.

Look, the reasons that the vast majority of these bugs/crashes occur was explained. But think about it this way, there are those who don't have issues and there are those who do. The fact that there are some who don't have issues means that those who do either have there own special game that is full of bugs or they have some other problem that is unique to their situation. Since I doubt it's my computer that's magically fixing all of the bugs that everyone has, I think it is far more likely that there is some other problem with these peoples games. What other problems might they be? Mod conflicts, mod bugs, memory problems, other hardware/software issues unrelated to the game. When you have bugs and you can eliminated those possibilities then you can say with more certainty it's the game itself that's causing you endless troubles.

In anycase, the OP was whether or not texture mods can cause crashes. The answer is yes.

Yes i love skyrim, But its sad to see that young gamers dont care about what state a game is launched in, If you think that Todd Howard and his nerd friends are spending their entire sparetime playing skyrim you are more naive than i thought.

It is as if this buggines have become an ok standard for games. Im not attacking anyone if i didnt love skyrim i wouldnt even be posting this.

Its all you young gamers that set the standard for how games should be. JUST REMEMBER THAT END OF LINE.

Third, have you played Fallout:New Vegas? The game area is very nearly as big Skyrim (and an 'open world' as well), with a great deal of content and a great many 'things to do' yet it has almost none of the issues that Skyrim has, and actually HAS many features that they REMOVED from the engine when making Skyrim = Obsidian at least no how to make a working game <--> BGS do not now how to make a working game.

You clearly didn't play New Vegas when it was released. FNV was worse than Skyrim in terms of bugs and crashes after release. And Obsidian is infamous for making buggy and half-assed games (see Kotor 2, Alpha Protocol, DS3). Comparing Obsidian to Bethesda is, quite frankly, extremely insulting to Bethesda.