Value

kvnchrist

What is your definition of value. My idea of value has nothing to do with the preciousness of material substances, but they way these things are used. I deplore the wasting of anything, but know that such things are unavoidable. I do know that the deliberate abuse of such things is the most unconscionable thing anyone can devise.

I not only mean material resources but what I know is the most egregious waste of all, that of the human element. I wonder just how far we would have come and how far we could go if we could eliminate the arrogance and protectionism of those that want to protect there own version of reality.

I wonder what would have happened if Marconi or Tesla were black or Einstein was openly gay. Would we be living in the world we do, if we had treated these people as we have these groups would we have created the Atomic Bomb or would the Nazi's have beaten us to it and would we even exist, at all?

Are we, forever to be the prisoners of our own fears and anxieties, or can we ever learn from the mistakes of the past and value everything for what it and not for what we can use it for.