Is my mod idea possible?

shoeson1

I currently have a lot of qualms with how useless the torpedo system for the Seamoth is. Not only do the torpedoes have a very small chance to hit aggressive fauna, but even when they do, they don't do much. The one time I've seen a vortex torpedo work was when it launched a boneshark into outerspace, more than likely a glitch though. The gas torps don't do much either. Direct hits to bonesharks, ampeels, reapers, even stalkers. The creature just slowly swims away for five seconds only to come straight back.

Now I have an idea for changing the way that upgrade works but dunno if it's possible. My thought is to remove the torpedos all together and make that system simply a repulsion cannon upgrade, a tool that is much better at repelling most fauna. Now I know it's no good against reapers or sea dragons, but everything else it blasts far enough away that you don't have to worry about it knocking you around again and can escape. This would be especially important against warpers, bonesharks, and ampeels, crabsquid, and crabsnakes the most dangerous fauna that you will willingly risk going near in a Seamoth.

Is that even a possibility with the low limitations of the modding system available? I'd want to go even further if possible and rework that upgrade entirely. Possibly making it so you can attach the two types of cannons into the Seamoth, so possibly making the Seamoth a sort of towtruck with the propulsion installed, or a percussive blast weapon with the repulsion installed. Would need no modelling or anything like that required, I imagine if it's possible it'd simply be about changing the size of the slots for the torpedo to be exactly 4 squares, make it so that it only operated with one of the cannons installed, and it uses power like the torpedo only more. Somehow have the effects come out of the center of the Seamoth where the wings meet, or whatever.

• 3 months later...

Seamoth Repulsion Cannon (SRC) upgrade... Interesting.

I hope that can be done, it could use the same visual/sound effect.

SRC could be used as a frontal long range weapon, with almost insta-reload speed, but horrific power drain, aas opposed to the

Perimeter Defense System, which is an omnidirectional, slow reloading and hopefully shorter range alternative.