For people with WETriggerScript error

danny310

I was searching the web and finally came across a solution. Its not permanent but it works. In appdata/local/skyrim there is a file named plugins.txt. the problem for me was that there were 2 skyrim.esm listed in plugins.txt. All i did was delete one so that there is only one skyrim.esm. Every time i restart Boss or NMM another skyrim.esm would be added to plugins.txt. I made plugins.txt read only for now but is this a problem with Boss or NMM?

@Danny,

I have the same issue, but my error msg popup indicates that I have: -1. Following your directions, I checked the plugins.txt file and there is no skyrim.esm present among the plugins list. So I added skyrim.esm one time up at the top of the list. But I also noticed everything else in there is .esp type file. Did I do that right?? Please let me know. (attached is my error msg)

Thanks!

Z

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zoyberg

I have just looked at my plugins.txt file (for the first time, as I don't have any of these problems) and although I have both .esp & .esm files NONE of them is Skyrim.esm.

It exists in loadorder.txt but not plugins.txt. and again for emphasis I have NO LOCKUPS or wierd behavior. I regularly activate/de-activate mods with NMM v0.18.9 btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! This fixed my game. All my saves were safe as well. I can confirm this works (for now anyway, one never knows) and keeps all saves safe.

For people who can't find the folder being mentioned (For Windows 7): Hit the windows button, goto control panel and search 'folder' (without quotations), then click on 'Folder Options', then hit 'Show hidden files and folders', then hit the 'View' tab, than scroll down until you see the options 'Don't show hidden files and folders' and 'Show hidden files and folders'. Check 'Show hidden files and folders' and hit 'Ok' Then hit the windows button again, goto 'Users' then click on whatever you named the computer, then you will see 'AppData' the icon will probably be a foggy-folder. Cilck on 'AppData' then you will see 'Local'. Click it and find 'Skyrim' click that. then you will see either 'plugins' or 'plugins.txt' click on it. Now you will see the text page. Delete the top 'skyrim.exe' or 'skyrim.esm' or 'skyrim.esp' (I can't remeber exacltey what it was) or whatever it is.

Now hit 'File' and 'Save' then you can click the red 'X' and try Skyrim. The game should be stable again. If there isn't 2 'skyrim.exe' or 'skyrim.esp' or 'skyrim.esm' Post somewhere what to do, because this probably wasn't the source of the problems your having.

Repeat these steps each time you add or delete a mod.

Hope I helped :) Thanks again! Feels good to 'FUS-ROH-DAH" again :P

Edited by hemandude01

thank you for the instructions . I did that to solve the problem . Noticed now that there is a version 19. upgraded to that and I do not have to go to the plugin file everytime I add or change a mod anymore.

this is perfect but i cant find the file that your talking about where is appdata

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Skyrim

appdata is usually a hidden folder by default so you'll have to set windows to show hidden files and folder or just type out the location.

I just reinstalled and do not have the nmm installed right now and i am getting this error message. My folder is completely mod free as well as my save games folder. I do not have the folder you speak of. Does anyone know a solution?

nevemind... found the folder...

kudos to the OP