Assigning Children

JimmyRJump

I knew about those commands, but not how to make a script file like that - THANK YOU VERY MUCH Addikti - that is some extremely useful information.

can i use the same commands on that ungrateful little scrote at nordhagen beach?

Did you know he saw a Deathclaw once? He did! But it was far away...

And mama Murphy killed one with a single bullet....

I no more trust mama with coolstory then the kid.

I am trying to figure-out ways to make kids more realistic, and there are several different mods that help with that, but there is no one big mod that does everything needed - kids of different ages and sizes, and kids being able to wear a lot of the adult clothes (I mean stuff like hats, etc, but you should be able to modify some VANILLA outfits to work with them). Kids should also have all the animations (they can smoke, but they can't run a store?) and dialogue like adults have.

I fully understand WHY this is a tricky area, but right now, for me to even get a very meager semblance of 'immersion' with the kids, I have to use about ten mods. I want more interaction, and maybe a huge 'Children overhaul' that gives them quests and stuff (like Fridge-Kid, but better). Make them real orphans that you need to find homes for. I use Unique NPCs, which includes Orphans of the Commonwealth (although it works slightly different than the stand-alone), and the very first settler I had show-up at Abernathy was a girl - how perfect was that? They lost a daughter! It was like they adopted her... I only wish we had quests along those lines - make the kids more interesting than just the same exact child (with the same voices!) in different outfits.

Also, who at Bethesda thought it was a bright idea that children can't use the same furniture as adults? What planet did those people grow up on? Kids can only sleep or sit on the floor in vanilla? I know its an Apocalypse, but seriously, even the dog gets his own house!

I knew about those commands, but not how to make a script file like that - THANK YOU VERY MUCH Addikti - that is some extremely useful information.

can i use the same commands on that ungrateful little scrote at nordhagen beach?

Did you know he saw a Deathclaw once? He did! But it was far away...

And mama Murphy killed one with a single bullet....

I no more trust mama with coolstory then the kid.

Mama Murphy claims to have killed one, when just a short while earlier she 'saw' one in a vision, and had NO CLUE what it was.

Still not as stupid as a 'sea monster' taking out ALL the Minutemen and claiming The Castle, and Preston thinking you and three nobody's can take it back easily. "I can hold a defensive perimeter, and lead my team in a firefight...". Ten minutes earlier - "A month ago there were twenty of us; yesterday there was eight. Today we're five." Preston Garvey = the poster-child of incompetence. What he doesn't realize is, if he NEVER sends you to any of those settlements, they will NEVER be attacked. Never listen to any of those idiots you find in Concord.