Question about permissions

vronykah

I am looking into creating a mod that makes art using the posted images from the community artists.

I have asked and received permission from some artists to use their images in a mod, and would not use any without such permissions.

My question: If the images themselves contain ENBs, armor mods, texture packs, decorations in the background, etc...how deep do I need to go to obtain permissions for use in my mod? Obviously it's okay to post the images themselves, but what happens when that image ends up in a mod?

Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide!

I found this in the terms and policies:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

"You only retain the rights to files you have uploaded to a Nexus site. You do not own the rights to files or content not posted by yourself that might have been created as a result of your content being available on any Nexus site, including, ... images created by other users,..."

I believe this means that any images posted which contain assets provided by mod authors are owned by the image poster and not the mod author. In other words, you only need permission from the image posters to use their images in your mod.

It would be useful to get confirmation from a moderator, but it seems fairly clear.