Hiding references in CS?

Lehcar

I could swear there was a keyboard shortcut or something to "hide" objects and such in Oblivion's CS, but now I cannot seem to find it. What is it? (I really need it for editing player-owned houses, where it's filled with objects for before and after upgrades are purchased, and I want to work on the "after" objects with the "before" ones out of the way...)

I think the OP means to make them invisible in the CS so that we can easily place two objects in the same spot.

I don't know of a way, but what I normally do is manually add 1000 to the Z coordinate of an item that I temporarily want out of the way. It will stand out like a sore thumb in the CS, and it's easy to subtract 1000 when I'm done.

There is a way to do this: Click on an object in the Render Window, then press the number 1 (just above the letter Q, not the 1 on the Number Pad). This activates Wireframe mode on the selected object, making it pretty much invisible. To undo this after de-selecting the "ivisible" object, you'll have to select it from right-hand side of the Cell View window, where it lists the objects in the selected cell (the "invisible" object's editorID will be this color). Edited by The_Vyper

There is a way to do this: Click on an object in the Render Window, then press the number 1 (just above the letter Q, not the 1 on the Number Pad). This activates Wireframe mode on the selected object, making it pretty much invisible. To undo this after de-selecting the "ivisible" object, you'll have to select it from right-hand side of the Cell View window, where it lists the objects in the selected cell (the "invisible" object's editorID will be this color).

Oh wow, I never knew that! That's very handy to know. :)

There is a way to do this: Click on an object in the Render Window, then press the number 1 (just above the letter Q, not the 1 on the Number Pad). This activates Wireframe mode on the selected object, making it pretty much invisible. To undo this after de-selecting the "ivisible" object, you'll have to select it from right-hand side of the Cell View window, where it lists the objects in the selected cell (the "invisible" object's editorID will be this color).

Oh wow, I never knew that! That's very handy to know. :)

It comes in really hand when I'm modifying Ayleid Ruins. All the "FXCloud" type objects make it hard to see things, and even harder to select and/or place things properly. I usually group select them in the Cell View window, click on the top of the Render Window (so it's the active one) and press 1. The whole group is then completely out of the way.

That trick works even better in the Fallout 3 GECK: if you press 1 twice, it makes the selected object disappear completely. I wish that was an option in the CS, but wireframe is good enough. Funny thing is, I discovered that completely by accident.