Hogs Gone Wild Mod WIP

WilsonB1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, though I'm not sure that these are really wild boars per se. Besides, as odd as it may sounds, not everyone has all the DLC ;)

Incidentlely it's not just the great models that interest me here, but the IA faction and behavior, rhythms etc, that are also being developed. For a hunter character concept this looks like a great addition to the game.

Hey guys, first and foremost thanks for taking an interest in the project!

This is awesome but doesn't one of the DLC's already add wild boars? I've killed a few in game. Or maybe it's SkyTEST.

The DLC (Dragonborn) adds Razorbacks. To me they resemble more of a winterized warthog so I thought the boar/swine/piglet would make a nice addition!

Possibly, though I'm not sure that these are really wild boars per se. Besides, as odd as it may sounds, not everyone has all the DLC :wink:

Incidentlely it's not just the great models that interest me here, but the IA faction and behavior, rhythms etc, that are also being developed. For a hunter character concept this looks like a great addition to the game.

These are boars (Breaking out grammar nazi stick and hat) :biggrin: . Now please I don't wanna come off as a know-it-all or anything, and I JUST learned this myself a couple weeks ago but a boar is an unneutered (wild) male pig, a hog is a farm animal (domesticated). So I guess the name for the mod is still relevant (phew).

In regards to mod requirements, I used NOTHING from the DLC for the boar. This was a specific intention so the non-DLC people could still try it out! I always feel dissapointed for non-DLC players when a really wicked DLC req'd mod comes out (myself included sometimes)! I used the cow boneset as its proportions more closely resembled the overall shape of the adult male. The sounds are all royalty free sound files I edited and setup in CK for the adult swine to use for audio and I must say, when ur stabbing a boar at close range with a dagger, the sound(s) the boar makes is reminiscent of the scene in Predator where Mac is gutting the pig that wanders into the camp at night :ermm:

On a bit of a distressing note, I noticed a really wierd bug yesterday while ingame hunting boar in the Whiterun hold on the plains. In the far distance (pretty much any distance past 120 meters) the walk animations are not displayed on model. If I squint my eyes and look at a hog grazing in the distance, I can clearly see the head going down to eat, so the idles are fine at distance, just the walk/run anims.... If any of the more experienced modders out there happen to grace the thread with their presence and they know what the issue is let me know or PM me!

Thanks!

Edited by Wilson_B

"On a bit of a distressing note, I noticed a really wierd bug yesterday while ingame hunting boar in the Whiterun hold on the plains. In the far distance (pretty much any distance past 120 meters) the walk animations are not displayed on model. If I squint my eyes and look at a hog grazing in the distance, I can clearly see the head going down to eat, so the idles are fine at distance, just the walk/run anims.... If any of the more experienced modders out there happen to grace the thread with their presence and they know what the issue is let me know or PM me!"

Dude, you are not you only one to suffer from this issue, 'SkyTest - Realistic Animals and Predators' adds some new pigs and piglets to the farms in game. I also noticed that they, from a distance, have no walking or running animations. It was quite jarring. I hadn't noticed it before. I think those pigs also use the cow boneset. You might want to check and see if the cows also have this issue.