1st Skyrim DLC: Dawnguard

jhardingame

No info? Fascinating.

Oh well. They said they'll reveal more at E3? So, that probably means that it won't be just a small DLC.

Here's hoping for something similar to The Shivering Isles, or Point Lookout at least.

EDIT:

@ above

I doubt that it's about vampires. He is standing right in the sun after all.

And the DLC's name is Dawnguard. Keyword: Dawn, not dusk.

Edited by Iv000

No info? Fascinating.

Oh well. They said they'll reveal more at E3? So, that probably means that it won't be just a small DLC.

Here's hoping for something similar to The Shivering Isles, or Point Lookout at least.

EDIT:

@ above

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3559/dawnguard.png

No info? Fascinating.

EDIT:

@ above

<snip>

I shall shut up forever from now on. :facepalm:

Edited by Iv000

I can't wait. This site claims the info might come out later today: http://www.gamezone.com/products/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/news/skyrim-dlc-info-should-be-coming-today But who knows?

Have only heard rumors about what it might include though. The majority of sites are saying it'll include crossbows and more Falmer "Elf Prince" mythology, but I hope it includes some cool surprises. All I know is, the second it comes out, I'm getting it for the PC & 360, and hopefully there will be more DLC in the future too.

Only you will have to wait a month for PC, after it comes out for Xbox, because of some exclusivity agreement Beth. signed with Microsoft for 360. Don't you just love these guys....

Reminds me of the Nokia "Beta Smart Phone" commercial. So, I'll be enjoying screen freezes, bugs & glitches to help make a better DLC for the PC. Something like that.

Guess I'll try on the 360 and if it's not bad, then might as well get it for the PC. The whole "Mythic Dawn" connection sounds pretty interesting. If their going to announce it at E3, then it better be momentous.

I´ll o with the vampire content.Makes sense, the image has vampire eyes for sure, and if so I hope bethesda makes two sides of the story, one if you want to be a vampire hunter and the other where you are a vampire wich is my case, I thought it was pretty stupid having to be a werewolf t complete the companions main quest, why can´t I choose not to become a werewolf and help the circle anyway -.-

Dawnguard sounds interesting, But snow elves and crossbows??

I dont know about snow elves, uuhh crossbows Who cares.

Come on bethesda , I want a new realm or some new island to get away from skyrim.

Does anyone have a feeling about the size of it ??

Hadnt noticed this thread when I made mine

so... cut/ paste

Now that I have gotten past the whole wait a month stuff and the people complaining about PC and PS3 release. I have analyzed the Name and the image.

CLEARLY the avatar state has been instated.

But on a more serious note.

So what has dawn in its name in the TES franchise… Dawn era, Mythic Dawn, Dawn Zombie, Tower of Dawn (ghostgate), rising at dawn (mission involving vampires in Skyrim), Elda Early-Dawn (owner of candlehearth hall), suns dawn (a book that may have some info http://uesp.net/wiki...0,_Sun%27s_Dawn), Dawnbreaker and its quest the break of Dawn.

Now what has the name guard in it? Beyond the plethora of guards in the game… the book the rear guard (http://uesp.net/wiki...:The_Rear_Guard), Guardian stones, wrathguard from morrowind, boneguard belt from morrowind etc. Guards and guardians and spells and items are easy to comeby.

I suggest looking into the words themselves. Dawn… the sun, the light, the new beginning… less metaphorical would be the East where the dawn breaks. Guard… this could suggest that you are protecting the dawn (whatever that suggests) or perhaps the guard signifies a title of a follower (akavirii dragonguard for example) and they are there to protect you (the dawn, the hope for the future).

Most likely, the title represents a location or a group as many of the titular expansions do. NotN you became a Night of the Nine… SI you went to the Shivering Isles… Bloodmoon, there was a bloodmoon which had been heavily written upon prior… Mornhold, you went to mornhold. Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind were significant (to say the least) locations respective to each game.

Morrowind is east. And Akaviri Teresci (or however you spell it) are vampires and the original dragonguard for reman cyrodil. We already know that there is a gate to Morrowind so it is possible that it takes place there. And after the explosion of red mountain the surviving vampire clans probably didnt survive. Vampires were a major quest part for Morrowind and lead to some of the better powers, skills and artifacts in the game. In Skyrim these powers and skill boost have been hampered a lot.

At any rate, I think that the vampire stuff is simply to encourage people to play as vampires since at this point being a werewolf is clearly the superior option. We do know snowelves are involved or at least are given for Mod makers, so dwemer ruins are a big part. That narrows to the northern provinces Skyrim Hammerfell and Morrowind. We know that the last of the surface snow elves were defeated in Solstiem. But this could even be a time warp since this chapter in the series is heavily dependent on time (elder scroll, major events involving the great towers, disappearance of the dwarves, the falmer growing blind and deranged, immortal dragons, Talos and controversial events from history defining the actions in the present)