1st Skyrim DLC: Dawnguard

jhardingame

wtf? at the first page they have an american flag for english language?? i dont mean to yank bash but ffs, get over yourself america

It seems to me that if one is angry enough about something to sling insults, one might consider including sufficient detail, at least, that others might know for what exactly they are being insulted.

hmm i havent really heard of the vampire thing being a big part of the dlc, and im pretty sure that i saw the elderscrolls user on twitter say something about it including snow elves (though judging by those animation files being revealed we kinda knew something like that would happen).

heres my idea if anyone cares....

Meridia (from the dawn part, inspired from previous posts on the unofficial DLC thread) forces the Dovahkiin to go stop the Snow elves who are trying to ressurrect the snow prince (porobably in Solstheim, due to the fact that that is where he is buried).

Why? because she mentions her absolute hatred for the undead (also in the snow prince book in game he seemed pretty strong, maybe strong enough to pose a threat to someone if ever fully ressurrected, though he was killed by a girl....) and if i recall correctly there was an animation file for the snow princes "ascension" where to my knowledge ascension is typically used when returning to the realm of the dead, hence the ressurection part, so maybe he gets partially ressurrected and you have to fight him, or fully ressurrected and still have to fight him (with a little dialogue before the battle, idea from the talking snow prince files).

Also why not the falmer instead of the snow elves? The falmer were basically transformed into what they are now due to the influence of the dwemer, from a quick look at the Solstheim map i cant see a dwemer ruin (though i havent actually looked into it really), and the snow elves on solstheim may not have been enslaved and changed due to the lack of dwemer in their general region (as they wouldnt have been able to make easy direct contact them).

In this case i also dont think we will be getting spears, sure he used one in his last battle, but even im morrowind you could loot the spear, so there would be an easy way of explaining the lack of spears in this DLC and include them in the next ones, just as more incentive to buy it (dont get me wrong i love and relly want spears too)...

well thats my idea, what do others think?

heres my idea if anyone cares....

Nope.

The picture looks cool and the speculation about crossbows and Falmer are exciting. Can't wait for E3--not just for this, but for Valve's announcement.

Edited by adrianwar

What Valve announcement? o.o

Anyway, here's what I picked up from the interwebs (all rumours of course)

- will have 2 factions; vampires and vampire hunters

- crossbows

- snow elves will appear in some.... err form

- will occur somewhere in Morrowind

- High King of Skyrim storyline will be continued in the DLC

well thats my idea, what do others think?

Yeah, you and Odai really broke it down to definite possibilities. Impressive.

at the first page they have an american flag for english language??

Yank bashing doesn't bother me. I'm a southern Confederate :biggrin:

Seriously, they probably just did that because Bethesda being out of Maryland, US. Some Us company sites do that, but the norm is usually the British flag for English.

wtf? at the first page they have an american flag for english language?? i dont mean to yank bash but ffs, get over yourself america

Seriously? Get over yourself that isn't related at all.

Anyways, I was kind of hoping that we would see summurset Isles, but I also LOVED Morrowind, so I'll be happy with that to.

I´ll o with the vampire content.Makes sense, the image has vampire eyes for sure, and if so I hope bethesda makes two sides of the story, one if you want to be a vampire hunter and the other where you are a vampire wich is my case, I thought it was pretty stupid having to be a werewolf t complete the companions main quest, why can´t I choose not to become a werewolf and help the circle anyway -.-

Towards the end of the quest line you are able to cure your lycanthropy and go back to being human. It's an awesome quest line, and since you are able to cure yourself if you want to, there's no reason not to do it.

That's what happens when you're on a .com site (American domain) instead of .ca, .au or .uk.

So, learn something before insulting.

What Valve announcement? o.o

They're going to be at E3. They deny they will announce anything new but it could just be they don't want to ruin the surprise.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/02/valve-not-planning-any-product-announces-for-e3-2012-will-be-at/

A lot of rumors that they will also show off their new engine which will support their next set of games. Source will be a thing of the past!