Is there somekind of questline or purpose for "Meeko"?

shuriken88

Lastnight I found "Meeko" while on my way to retrieve some book for this guy. When I went into his house, it was obvious what the situation was. However it just seems a bit random, and I also noticed a book on the table (those diary style books that are usually "notes" that give quest updates). The problem is, it wont let me pick it up or read it. Is this a bug in the game?

Right now I'm trecking about with Lydia and Meeko, and while the dog is pretty cool, I'm starting to think its not very useful having more than one follower. For a start off, they often end up trying to kill eachother after a fight with other enemies, and one of them will often go missing for like 5 minutes, then randomly return to me from wherever they were before. Also, when theres two followers, its a bit annoying how they wont get closer than 5 meters away from eachother (talk about personal space LOL). Its like a single file formation, with a hell of a lot of dead air.

I dont want to completely get rid of Meeko, (even though his constant barking is annoying!), but is there something I should be doing for him? Like finding a new owner for him? If I tell him to go home, will he goto breezehome, or that random "Evil Dead" hut?

Thanks!

The diary on the table reveals that Meeko's owner died of a chronic disease (Rockjoint). It doesn't start a quest.

I took the dog with me once and he died literally a minute later. Mudcrab got him while I was crossing the bridge nearby. I figured I was better off without him if that's all it took.

The diary on the table reveals that Meeko's owner died of a chronic disease (Rockjoint). It doesn't start a quest.

I took the dog with me once and he died literally a minute later. Mudcrab got him while I was crossing the bridge nearby. I figured I was better off without him if that's all it took.

LOL! Well my "version" of the dog is pretty tough (not as tough as Lydia). He can take down Draugr's and bandits pretty easily. I raided this large bandit encampment/fortress type place with him & Lydia, and I went into this hut and got ambushed by a "bandit leader". I didn't even get a chance to jump in. The dog was all over this guy, and he was like "please! enough, ENOUGH", and that was the end for him.

He's on level 25 in my game (and me & Lydia, 36), which is probably why he's a bit badass, but I'll probably end up sending him home, cos I prefer Lydia, and 2 followers just doesn't seem to work very well (strange AI behavior).

I love meeko... only problem is when he gets hurt to bad he runs off... and often that has brought more trouble back with him. The barks are annoying, but at the very least you can leave him at your house and say high to him when you get back. He is just as good as Vigulence or the Stray Dog that you can buy or randomly find (respectively).

Lol I walked him home yesterday, but then I felt bad! I love dogs thats why. Even though its only a game, I cant deal with that kind of emotional torment HAHA! Seriously though I was like "why the f*ck is this making me feel guilty?"

I left him at my home too. I use Give a Dog a Home - Mini Meeko which might be of interest to you if you wanna keep him. The only thing that makes me feel bad is that Calder (and anyone else staying in the house at the time) can't think of anything else to say to him except "Stupid Dog".

And it's not even followed by "You made me look bad! Booga booga booga!" Which would make the comment more tolerable.

...I sure hope others recognize what that's from. I think of it every time they say it. :3

At first I was thrilled to have Meeko with me because he was pretty tough and very helpful during the two forts we cleaned out together and the occasional ambush along the roads.

But after a while his barking started to make my left eye twitch involuntary and I decided enough is enough. I got the Give a Dog a Home mod, sent him to Breezehome and I felt much better for having him out of earshot and in front of a nice cozy fireplace ;)