Helgen Reborn: stuck in the Thalmor prison.

ArneLilleseter

In one of the first missions of Helgen Reborn I'm supposed to free Korst from prison. I'm unable to resolve it peacefully (probably because my speech skill is to low), and the Thalmor attack. I am told to kill all of them but the counter stops at 6/15 remaining. In the dungeon there is only one, the Torturer, and I assume there's supposed to be more. I am unable to free Korst and he only respond with some standard dialog like "Nice to see you again" when I talk to him.

Also don't know if this is related but my followers (can't remember their name) will not respond in any way when I try to talk to them.

Hope someone can help me.

Pretty sure you're meant to 'fail' when you get to the torturer no matter what; I had a very high speech skill when I tried it, got past the first guard, then the torturer decided to aggro.

Anyway, did you clear out the Thalmor everywhere, including the main keep (not dungeon)?

Sounds to me like you've got a Mod conflict going on. As I've got this "Helgen Reborn" mod and have had it in my load order for awhile now. Can you post a list of your mod load order which will be under the plugins tab on NMM. This may help with figuring out what is going on. As for myself I've yet to run into a problem with it. Of course I've not played it this play through yet.

Here's my load order. Have played more than 100 hours without any major issues. However since I'm rather inexperienced with mods, any tips about my mods and the load order will be much appreciated.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp

RSkyrimChildren.esm

Cutting Room Floor.esp

SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp

Beards.esp

Footprints.esp

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

unreadbooksglow.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

LegacyoftheDragonborn.esp

LightngDuringStorm.esp

Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp

Unique Uniques.esp

VioLens SE.esp

VioLens SE - Book Menu.esp

Dr_Bandolier.esp

BlackthornManor.esp

Helgen Reborn.esp

Settlements Expanded SE.esp

ZIA_Complete Pack_V4.esp

imp_helm_legend.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp

BirdsOfSkyrim_SSE.esp

ELFX - Weathers.esp

IcePenguinWorldMap.esp

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

OwnCivilWar.esp

1nivWICCloaks.esp

WetandCold.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

WICO - Immersive People.esp

RSChildren.esp

Simple AUA.esp

Point The Way.esp

SimplyBiggerTreesSE.esp

BirdsAndFlocks_SSE.esp

PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

Immersive Patrols II.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp

RichMerchantsSkyrim_x10.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp

FNISSexyMove.esp

FNIS.esp

FNISspells.esp

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

PrvtIRoyalArmory.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

DiverseDragonsCollectionSE.esp

WICO - Immersive Character.esp

WICO - Immersive Dawnguard.esp

WICO - Wild Hunt Gears.esp

Enlightened College of Winterhold.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Convenient Horses.esp

more idle markers.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

Sorry about not getting back here sooner, you probably fixed this by now. You have a few mods I'm not familiar with but I don't see any mod conflicts. I'd try reinstalling the mod & then going back to a hard save before you got to the prison.

Did you do the pre game regiment of sorting with Loot, cleaning masters & bashed patch?

Sorry about not getting back here sooner, you probably fixed this by now. You have a few mods I'm not familiar with but I don't see any mod conflicts. I'd try reinstalling the mod & then going back to a hard save before you got to the prison.

Did you do the pre game regiment of sorting with Loot, cleaning masters & bashed patch?

for cleaning mods: