what causes glossy lines on skin

nisen

i know its caused by light reflections, but never saw it on previous Bethesda games and its really annoying how often a good screenshots ruined by it, the effect often looks like jagged edge distortion which it isnt, it seems to be more like the glow map screwing up or mabye its in the meshes Heres a pic for reference. Can anyone point me to discussions on it, or know a fix? btw iknow the head/necks too dark, ill be redoing it; and the muscle maps from here if interested Edited by nisen

bump

i cite ignorance of acceptable bump protocol, is it a day or a week or amonth, ijust dont know

the way i figure it, depends how stupid the question is like if i asked a real doozy be glad to wait a week for a dumb answer :D

bump

i cite ignorance of acceptable bump protocol, is it a day or a week or amonth, ijust dont know

the way i figure it, depends how stupid the question is like if i asked a real doozy be glad to wait a week for a dumb answer :D

Mayby a real stupid thing.. but are the textures DXT1, 3 or 5 or mayby even an one of those RGB ones.

Thing is.. since I converted the textures I use that don't need any alpha channel to DXT1 I haven't seen any of these problems yet.

What body mod are you using as this could also be caused by the mesh itself?

hey, its with UNP body. So no alpha channel you say, i could try that forsure. the only one that looks like its using dxt3 or dxt5 is the _s.dds but dont know what the msn_dds uses, its an irregular file size 12MB at 2048. Ill fire up that save game with converted textures (minus the alpha) to test your theory. Will update how it goes in abit

ok removing the alpha channel doesnt fix it, must be something else

Edited by nisen