Gray Cowl by MannyGT replacement?

Caliburn2003

I was wondering if it was possible to use the Gray Cowl from this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/346) and stick it into MannyGT's quest mod ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4509 ). I like the story and what you have to go through to get the Cowl in MannyGT's mod but it doesn't remove the bounty when you take it off like the others does... I just want to swap them out so it uses that one. I have messaged both creators and MannyGT is done with Skyrim SE totally and the other just hasn't responded... is there a way I can do that? I dont want to post it anywhere I just want it for my personal use.

TLDR: How do I put the Cowl from Iceburg's mod into MannyGT's mod?

Edited by Caliburn2003

you don't actually want to change the cowls themselves

what you want to do is look at how the effect for bounties work in the first mod , and just implement it on the cowl from the second mod

so you should open the plugin from the first mod in SSEEdit or the Creation Kit and see how the bounty effect is handled

and then just add the same effect to the cowl from the second mod

hopefully that shouldn't be too difficult to figure this out

I'm not sure if and how you can view scripts in SSEdit , so maybe try the creation kit

I've never personally done something like this , so I can't really give you instructions , but I do hope I've set you on the right path , and I believe you should be able to find tutorials to help you from this point

click on gameplay

go to script manager

right click the script you want.

Pick how you want to open it

yeah im a total n00b in CK... i have no clue what that means...

Gameplay is a option on top of CK window. Script manager is a option you get after clicking on Gameplay. The script is the thing you want to open after clicking on script manager. You get different options to open the script when you right click on it. Can't make it clearer than that.

IMaybe you should spend some time just clicking on all the different options of the CK and see what happens. As long as you don't save anything you wont hurt anything. Also there are half a million tutorials on scripting on youtube. The only way to work on a script is to open it so you should find what you need in a minute if you need a visual guide.