Howto see factions?

ErikRedbeard

I've got a bit of a wierd thing going on.

Somehow my game is slowly having normally hostile NPC's and Creatures going friendly towards me.

So far I've encountered Vampires (my chars not even a vampire) and any type of Wolves that don't attack me and even help me when in combat.

Vampire caves appeared to be a slaughterhouse of vampires vs skeletons. As the skeletons are aggressive towards me.

Clicking on them and doing getrelationshiprank player give the status of "Acquaintance" .

It's getting pretty annoying where half of the mobs you encounter don't do anything at all.

My question now is:

Is there a way to see what factions your character is a member of?

I know you can add factions with "addfac xxxxxx". But I'm wondering if something like "getfactions" exists.

Running with only Skyrim.esm active doesn't motivate the little buggers to attack me and thus they stay friendly.

It appears to be in my save and thus I'd like to know how to see what factions my char is a member of so I can remove the faulty ones.

Loadorder in case someone notices the mod that added my player to random factions.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm

Populated Cities NPCListMaster.esm

JSwords.esm

moonpath.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

CriticalChargeFix.esp

GhorzaGraBagolInvestmentFix.esp

HjerimMessFix.esp

Muiri's Problem.esp

prisonerfix.esp

Quick Orc Fixes.esp

Shadow Striping Fix.esp

VampireInvisibleItemsFix.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

HighResTexturePackFix.esp

ElementalFuryFix.esp

Bugfix-NoFollowerTrespassDialog.esp

enhanceddynamicweathersystem.esp

BardSoundsMalukah.esp

SoS - The Dungeons.esp

SoS - The Wilds.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

3DNPC.esp

Cautious Vendors.esp

Crimson Tide - Blood.esp

DungeonQuestAwareness.esp

GiveADogAHome.esp

JenassaBarkeep&Bard.esp

KillThemGenerals.esp

ktxcompleteskyforge.esp

LFox Blacksmiths Have Metals.esp

Mining Extended.esp

Tamriel Compendium.esp

Auto Unequip Arrows.esp

DragonWarrior-Effects.esp

DragonWarrior-Lighting.esp

Secondary Locations Map Markers.esp

3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esp

Alduin's son.esp

Andragorn's Armoury.esp

Arcania_armory.esp

bound weapons redux.esp

CrainteVomir.esp

DaggerCraft.esp

DCR_Blade_Set.esp

DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp

Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp

DualSwords.esp

DwarvenMech.esp

FioraArmor.esp

Gizmodian Silver Swords.esp

HentaiNightmareArmor.esp

HentaiVoidArmor.esp

HuntressArmor.esp

Insanity's Sorrow.esp

isilNarsil.esp

JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp

KatanaCrafting.esp

Magicka Sabers.esp

Malo_Waffen.esp

Neo's Outlander.esp

Nicoroshi Creations.esp

nightshade_armor.esp

NobleFemaleClothes.esp

BiPolarBlade.esp

Dovahkiin Mercenary Armor and Weapons UNP.esp

Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp

Ripper Sword.esp

mannyDragonhead.esp

Karliah2CBBE3ByNausicaa.esp

Omegared99-Compilation.esp

Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp

Omegared99-Compilation-NPC Plugin.esp

R18Pn - Ritter Armor - Light.esp

R18Pn - Ritter Armor - Heavy.esp

R18Pn - Leere Armor.esp

R18Pn - Diano Armor.esp

R18Pn - Argent Iron Armor.esp

R18Pn - Eisen Platte Armor.esp

Remodeled Armor.esp

Silverlight Armor.esp

survivor_armor.esp

uruk.esp

warmagearmor.esp

Warsword.esp

Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp

Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp

dnihome.esp

jkjsenhancedhotpools.esp

moonpath_questdata.esp

Quest_AndTheRealmsOfDaedra.esp

Quest_NoMercy.esp

Vamp_Quest_01.esp

WinterholdDestruction.esp

whiterunMarket.esp

female mannequins in homes.esp

female mannequins.esp

AddChoices01.esp

AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp

AT - Faster Arrows Improved +75%.esp

AT - Progressive Damage (BS and CCO).esp

Proper Aiming.esp

BurntCorpse.esp

DescaledUniques.esp

FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp

Helmets - Khajiit Ears Hair.esp

ImprovedFood.esp

wieghtlesscrafting.esp

Lenhador.esp

No Helmets Required.esp

Matching_Armor_Set_Fixed_-_No_Helmets_Required.esp

DualFlurrytoFlurry.esp

OpenFaceHelmets.esp

WATER.esp

WATER - Get Wet.esp

Tougher Traps.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

UnreadBooksGlow.esp

walk.esp

Populated Cities.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Nicer-Looking Khajiit.esp

VampireOverhaul.esp

VampireEffectProject.esp

FemaleWerewolf.esp

WerewolfSecondHowlToggle.esp

nighteyetoggle.esp

spelltomeconjureetherealhorse.esp

soul siphon unbound.esp

less wards cost.esp

ToggleSpells - MagicEffects.esp

ToggleSpells - Spells.esp

Spousetocustomhome.esp

vinis_transmute.esp

DragonRealShout.esp

The Dance of Death.esp

N_43 Hair Pack.esp

Gabby Companion.esp

dunDarklightIllia.esp

Shady.esp

marriagemod - alpha v3.esp

sanctuarycleanup.esp

Quest_TheBiggerTheyAre.esp

ChickenNestFix.esp

StaggerFix.esp

Deflect Arrows Fix - Realistic.esp

Facelight.esp

longerdays_v1.esp

FemaleOrc Extended - Patched.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

This is just a guess, but have you installed any marriage or companion mods that make those who would typically not be followers/marriageable available for these purposes? It seems off that a wolf or vampire would be at the acquaintance level.

Unless you are really that good looking ;-)

This is just a guess, but have you installed any marriage or companion mods that make those who would typically not be followers/marriageable available for these purposes? It seems off that a wolf or vampire would be at the acquaintance level.

Unless you are really that good looking ;-)

Well If it's the second thing then I'd guess they all fall for them green ones. ^^

Anyways.. Problem is that I can't see what mod it did as there's the problem that once a faction is added to your char disabling a mod doesn't remove it anymore.

Just for completenes I'll add a currently active addon list to the fipo.

just try to turn them an and of one by one and afther doing that you will find the culpit

Only running with Skyrim.esm active gives the same problem if not a bit worse.. As this time even the skeletons won't attack me. So I guess it's embeded into the savegame.

Hence the question if there's some command to see the factions your character is in so I can remove the faulty ones.

I know you can go into the CK, pull up characters by race and then change their factions (or relationships, as it seems from your description that is the area that is affecting their behavior), but oy! that seems like tedious work. Might be worth it if you are well into the game, as the only other thing I can think of is a fresh start.

Sorry! I imagine excessive charisma is quite the curse! ;-) I wouldn't know as NPCs are constantly asking me if I've had a bath.....

I know you can go into the CK, pull up characters by race and then change their factions (or relationships, as it seems from your description that is the area that is affecting their behavior), but oy! that seems like tedious work. Might be worth it if you are well into the game, as the only other thing I can think of is a fresh start.

Sorry! I imagine excessive charisma is quite the curse! ;-) I wouldn't know as NPCs are constantly asking me if I've had a bath.....

Ah well.. I'll just play ahead like this then. I didn't really mind about the wolves as I knew about them a bit longer. It's actually quite cool to see wolves comming to your rescue.

The vampires will just have to shout "Please stop attacking me" some time if I need to kill them.

Mayby becomming a vamp and then curing myself will fix it because of the functions the vampire overhaul gives me.. ah well I'll found out.

Not gonna restart when you've already completed half of the skyrim world.

Alright.. I figured it out a minute ago.

It appears my character was a member of the WolfFaction and as the WolfFaction had VampireFaction as a Friend it turned all vampires friendly towards me..

Running the command "player.addtofaction 0003E691 -1" removed me from the faction and thus the wolves and vampires are attacking me again.

Too bad about the wolves though.. kinda liked having them as an ally. Ah well :D

• 2 months later...

Ah well.. I'll just play ahead like this then. I didn't really mind about the wolves as I knew about them a bit longer. It's actually quite cool to see wolves comming to your rescue.

The vampires will just have to shout "Please stop attacking me" some time if I need to kill them.

Mayby becomming a vamp and then curing myself will fix it because of the functions the vampire overhaul gives me.. ah well I'll found out.

It appears my character was a member of the WolfFaction and as the WolfFaction had VampireFaction as a Friend it turned all vampires friendly towards me..

Running the command "player.addtofaction 0003E691 -1" removed me from the faction and thus the wolves and vampires are attacking me again.

Too bad about the wolves though.. kinda liked having them as an ally. Ah well :D

Can you explain how you managed to fix it?

it seems i've made friends with almost every animal in skyrim from frost trolls to rats, spiders and wolves and even freaking mamoths.

So i have no idea how it happened but i do have quite a few mods installed , but i can't guess which faction i am in.

If i do the player.addtofaction xxxx 1 does it only remove me if i am in it already? or always removes me from the faction? because don't want to get into a faction by mistake while trying to fix it

Thank you

• 10 months later...

Too bad about the wolves though.. kinda liked having them as an ally. Ah well :biggrin:

Thanks so much for the console command :) I had a werewolf mod that set my character to the wolf faction (I guess... ) so wolves wouldn't attack me, but then I decided I wanted to cure myself and go Vampire instead. Needless to say Everything was going so well until I slowly started realizing those vampires scripted to capture me into their cell would -probably- mind if I escaped right in front of their eyes lol.

Anyway, kudos to you!

EDIT: Also... hold the phone, wolves and vampires are "friends" according to the code? o.o You would think if there's such a system to set factions as enemies, wolves and vampires would be pretty much nemesis to each other... Oh well.

Edited by monababii

• 2 years later...

For any of you who might not know which faction you have joined a good way to find what factions someone is in is to use the Batch File feature of the console.

Instructions in the spoiler:

Step 1: You will need console logging to be output to a file.

There is a nice simple mod to do that: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19630/?

Output from your console should now be logged to a file in your Skyrim folder:

...\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ConSkrybe (Maybe with a .log extension?)

Step 2: Find a list of factions in your game.

This is best not done using the internet since your own mods may have added factions.

Console: Help Fact 0

Now open the ConSkrybe log file and copy the list of factions (Everything with FACT at the beginning of the line).

Step 3: Create the Batch file.

Create a batch file in your Skyrim folder, e.g.:

...\steamapps\common\Skyrim\GetPlayerFactions.BAT

Paste the list of factions. You will need to modify each line to look like this:

Player.GetInFaction "<Faction ID>" ;;; <Description>

E.g.:

Player.GetInFaction "00000013" ;;; Creature Faction

Step 4: Run the batch file and look at the results.

Console: Bat GetPlayerFactions.BAT

The results will be with all console output in the ConSkrybe log file.

Search that for 1.00 to see the ID of the factions your character is in. Use your batch file to see a description of each faction ID.

Note: If you want to search for factions of NPCs don't put "Player." in your batch file.

When you have the console open in step 4 before running the batch file make sure the NPC is selected by clicking on them.

Tip: Learning a macro based editor such as VIM (VI IMproved) can help a lot with step 3.

Try ":map q n." The q key will do a search next (n) and repeat the last change (.)

Hope this helps,

UBCToad.