We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

[LE] [Help] Cast spell/Shout at specific actor

I have a new shout and only want a specific actor as a target. The shout works fine, but I can shout anywhere and on any dead actor, they won't resurrect, but Rigmor will become resurrected and come over to me even though I am a way off. What I need to to add something to this code, so that only she is the targeted actor and only resurrects when she is targeted and of course dead. If anyone can help me set Rigmor as the akTarget? what am I missing? Thanks guys in advance.

Scriptname Resurrectlife extends ActiveMagicEffect  
{Should resurrect person}

Actor Property RigmorRoC03 Auto
Quest Property RigmorRestoreLifeQuest Auto
Idle Property Wounded  Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor RigmorRoC03, Actor akCaster)
	if  RigmorRoC03.IsDead()

RigmorRoC03.Kill()
              utility.wait(5)
              RigmorThunderType.Add()
              RigmorStormRain.SetActive(true)
              RigmorRoC03.Resurrect()
              RigmorRestoreLifeQuest.setactive()
              RigmorRestoreLifeQuest.SetStage(5)
              RigmorRoC03.PlayIdle(Wounded)
              RigmorRestoreLifeQuest.setstage(10)
              utility.wait(5)

endif
endevent  

MusicType Property RigmorThunderType  Auto  

Weather Property RigmorStormRain  Auto  

Oh no, Rigmor will die? Please don't. It will break my heart even if I know now that I can resurrect her at a later time.... :sad:

But to your problem. I had to answer, because of Rigmor, not because I'm an expert on your matter. But I would say you can't restrict the magic effect when using a shout. But you could calculate the distance to the player, and use HasLOS() to check if the player (camera) has sight of target.

Thanks fore, yeah I guess it'll have to be as it is. It won't resurrect anyone else, that works, in the script it only resurrects Rigmor. But it resurrects her whether targeted or not. I'll try the LOS you suggested because it's set to 20m, so having to look in her general direction for it to work, might be exactly what I am looking for.

It's not a normal resurrection, it comes at a cost and is a harrowing experience. I am just testing it right now, but I'll show the fans on my FB page and get their reaction :P

1st shout heals her 50%

2nd heals her 100%

Handy in combat if you got enough tank to look in her direction (she will let you know if she's in trouble)

But yeah, if she dies wow, that's quite something. There's a procedure too and aftercare.

if i understand right what you want there are two ways. you can give your MagicEffect in your Spell-section a condition, so that your preferred actior is the only target. (just doubletap the resurrection magic effect inside its spellwindow.

the second way is to do it via script.

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

if akTarget == RigmorRoC03	

if  RigmorRoC03.IsDead()

RigmorRoC03.Kill()
              utility.wait(5)
              RigmorThunderType.Add()
              RigmorRoC03.Resurrect()
              utility.wait(5)

endif
endif

endevent  

the scriptway makes the spelleffect not automaticly apply to rigmor but to any target, but the script checks than if the spelltarget is rigmor and if yes its go forward with the script and anything should be work fine.

for theory both ways should be work... but of course only when i understand your question right ^^ im not soo good in english x'D

if this is not what you mean.. ehm than.. sorry just ignore my post x'D

ps: i dont understand one of your lines... youre condition is: If the Npc is dead -> than kill him? :o and resurrect him a bit later? Why did you do that?

Edited by Rikushai

Hey Rikushai, thanks you soooo much. I have yet to test the LOS way, but making Rigmor ak target, I will try this way as well. I was just wondering if the spell could only be used on one specific actor.

yes it's the way I use to get round the "hug kill bug" the game requires payment (your death) it's a vanilla bug that after using the hug animation it can kill you (unless you have truly payed your due and died)

there is a scene where she hugs another actor, and if resurrected, after the hug, rigmor drops down dead, so I placed that line to make sure she is "killed" fully before resurrecting her.

once i placed that line, she no longer drops down dead after the hug anim as the game thinks she payed her due.

Thanks for the input

EDIT: how about we made the shout kill anyone else other than rigmor? would adding:

ifelse aktarget.kill()

would that work, that would be cool so in combat you can take out heavy sergeants, but make one a day.

do you abuse the power or keep it for Rigmor because if you do and she dies, you have to wait 24 hours to resurrect her

or even make it a timed resurrection on her.

the spell (shout) will resurrect her, but use it on any living thing and it will kill, maybe even make it kill all in its path?

hmmmmm (muhahahahahah)

Edited by Rigmor

Hey Rikushai, thanks you soooo much. I have yet to test the LOS way, but making Rigmor ak target, I will try this way as well. I was just wondering if the spell could only be used on one specific actor.

yes it's the way I use to get round the "hug kill bug" the game requires payment (your death) it's a vanilla bug that after using the hug animation it can kill you (unless you have truly payed your due and died)

there is a scene where she hugs another actor, and if resurrected, after the hug, rigmor drops down dead, so I placed that line to make sure she is "killed" fully before resurrecting her.

once i placed that line, she no longer drops down dead after the hug anim as the game thinks she payed her due.

Thanks for the input

EDIT: how about we made the shout kill anyone else other than rigmor? would adding:

ifelse aktarget.kill()

would that work, that would be cool so in combat you can take out heavy sergeants, but make one a day.

do you abuse the power or keep it for Rigmor because if you do and she dies, you have to wait 24 hours to resurrect her

or even make it a timed resurrection on her.

the spell (shout) will resurrect her, but use it on any living thing and it will kill, maybe even make it kill all in its path?

hmmmmm (muhahahahahah)

no problem.^^ ehm if i understand right you want that the spell ressurect rigmor when its hitting her? and kill any other actor, when the spell is hitting them? if yes than.. here prettere simple.

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)

if  RigmorRoC03.IsDead()

RigmorRoC03.Kill()
              utility.wait(5)
              RigmorThunderType.Add()
              RigmorRoC03.Resurrect()
              utility.wait(5)

endif
else

akTarget.Kill()

endif

endevent  

sayed if akTarget is not rigmor than kill him. ehm.. but i dont know how script kill's react to invilnerable, protectet or essential npc's.

ps: i threw a look at her on her nexus-page.. she's pretty cute and has a really nice voice maybe i'll test her out in my next playthrew. :).. at the moment i have no really fun at playing skyrim. i want just finishing one of the two mods where i'm working on.

Edited by Rikushai

Rikushai, my friend, you also have earned a credit in the sequel.

Check out Rigmor's FB page, link in my sig for the current project I am working on, it's set in Cyrodiil :wink:

Bless you

Jim

ps: have a kudos

Edited by Rigmor

Check out Rigmor's FB page, link in my sig for the current project I am working on, it's set in Cyrodiil :wink:

Bless you

Jim

Thx! :D

it looks really really nice so far :3 i'll looking long for a mod that made Cyodiil visitable in Skyrim (ill hope also in oldrim x'D)

i'm really exited :)

Bless you

Jim

Thx! :D

it looks really really nice so far :3 i'll looking long for a mod that made Cyodiil visitable in Skyrim (ill hope also in oldrim x'D)

i'm really exited :smile:

Hey my friend, I am cheeky picking your head.

The first word gives 50% health (Rigmor will let you know she's in trouble during a fight if her health goes below 50%, and starts to shout at you below 25%)

The second word gives her 100% health.

Of course we know the third word will resurrect her if she dies.

I am using conditions on the first two spells, that is easy, but how could I make it so i take away 50% and 100% heal respectively from someone else?

So I use the forst word and it's rigmor she gets 50%

But if I use it on anyone else it takes -50% health from them, can that be done via script instead of conditions?

Bless you

ps: the mod Rigmor of Cyrodiil will be a dual release for Oldrim and SSE ;)

Edited by Rigmor

sorry my bad english im a bit confused do you want that the spell heal only rigmor but damage other npc's with the same spell?

if yes is that not a real problem. you can do it via script or via condition.

via condition:

add a damage MagicEffect to your rigmor-heal-spell and give it the condition "if actor, rigmor, 0"

the healing magic effect get the condition "if actor, rigmor, 1"

and the conditions must be run on subject (i'll mean...^^ and.. ehm hope. xD)

via script is same as above:

akTarget.RestoreAV("Health", YOUR_VALUE_HERE)
else

akTarget.DamageAV("Health", YOUR_VALUE_HERE)

endif

if you dont mean that.. than sorry .. than i'll have to go back to school and lean english... again.. xD

to the ps: - Great! :D

Edited by Rikushai