Evochron Mercenary

IndorilTheGreat

So, I picked up this great game titled Evochron Mercenary back in January. It's one of those space-sim games, and so I was reluctant to try it at first, as I had been burned by similar titles in the past. However, I played the demo and instantly fell in love. It's based around Newtonian physics, has virtually the entire Milky Way galaxy to explore, and smooth planetary descent (did I mention that you can land on any planet you can find?)

It also has a multiplayer campaign, something that made me love it even more. If I were to describe it to someone, I would say it's the equivalent of Mount & Blade, but in space.

I've been playing it off and on for the past several months, and I'm about to start up again now that college (Uni, etc.) is coming to a close, and I'm curious if anyone else around here played it.

Space is big, after all, and it can get pretty lonely out there sometimes. :happy:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat

Edited by IndorilTheGreat

I really looks interesting. And that cockpit viewpoint, awesome. I had heard about Infinity before. Proceduraly generated galaxies and planets. Seamless planet landing and everything.

Evochron is definitely going to my Wishlist :P

I played the demo. The physics are nice in it. Pretty close to true space flight, but there are some flaws in it to say it's based of Newtonian physics. It's alright, but I think the controls are overly complicated haha.

I played the demo. The physics are nice in it. Pretty close to true space flight, but there are some flaws in it to say it's based of Newtonian physics. It's alright, but I think the controls are overly complicated haha.

Yeah, it took me quite a while to get used to the controls.

Unfortunately something can't run on "pure" Newtonian physics without a supercomputer (even then, it's not even close to a "1:1" ratio). However, the overall system is based on the concepts and general laws of Newtonian physics.

But enough of that. I'm excited for the upcoming expansion; upgraded cockpits, sharper-looking planets, better cities, and walkers! :happy:

Cheers,

IndorilTheGreat