Microstuttering

Systex

So I've managed to solve my CTD problem, and now microstuttering decided to kick in. Seriously, it's one problem after another. Patch 1.5.26 beta messed up my Skyrim.

Back when I had a level 51 Redguard (before the beta version) everything was fine, hundreds of hours of fine gameplay with no problems. f*** you patch 1.5.26.

Turned off v-sync and mouse acceleration, didn't help. This only occurs in 1st person view, whenever you move with your mouse, it's like the game skips a few frames, even though I have 45+ fps and 60+ fps indoors.

- Intel® Core2 Duo CPU - E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

- 4096MB RAM

- Nvidia GTX 460 1gb ddr5

I don't believe this is a hardware problem, before the beta patch I could run Skyrim on high/ultra settings, nowadays the Skyrim launcher sets my optimal settings to medium.

Did you by any chance changed your ugridstoload?

Have you tried an FPS limiter?

It's possible your computer's speed is outrunning the game engine. The stuttering might be, basically, your game waiting for Skyrim to catch up.

If this is the case, an FPS limiter might help.

I'm not certain what your stuttering is like, but if it's sporadic, not constant, and you have a mod like SkyMonsters, (or any others that general new NPCs) it might be caused by the mod executing a script for a NPC to appear. I get that sometimes.

I don't change my uGrids, they like to mess things up. Haven't tried an FPS limiter yet, I'm going to try that out now.

edit: I don't have a certain file. I need ENBseries.ini for the FPS limiter to work. Dafuq?

Edited by Systex

I run in a window to avoid microstuttering problems. There are mods that force the game to run in a full screen window. I like the autohotkey one but there are others that do the same thing.

I don't really understand all the ENB stuff, I tried one ENB mod once, and I had like 10 fps.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so if you're using an ENB mod you get an ENBseries.ini file which you can customize. And the FPS limiter is for ENB mods only?