ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[Help]Boxes in Bright Areas

micros24

You dont list it, but from what I can tell, you probably have 256 Video Ram? That's below what is the minimum recommendation for Skyrim.

However, if you are having no problems with freezing, crashing, or stuttering, just a little pixilation, you might be able to get it working tolerably. However, you may have to accept the it won't always look quite as pretty.

Before I give you a bunch of information that might be irrelevant, can you confirm that you have a 256-bit memory card?

And if you do, could you please add information about any graphics-related mods you might have installed (like ENB, REalistic Lighting, etc)

Also please list your game settings (Low, medium, high, FXAA, Anistropic filtering and Antialiasing)

Okay my video card is 256-bit memory.

My settings are:

Antialiasing: x2

Anisotropic Filtering: x0

Texture: High

Radial Blur: High

Shadows: Low

Decal Quantity: Medium

FXAA: off

Mods:

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

AT-faster Arrows Improved

AT-Merchants arrows

Realistic Ragdoll and Force

No Bloom

Breezehome Ladder Fix

Shadow Striping Fix

Green Water Fix

And yes, i'm using an ENB

Requested ENB setup by trapthemetalgod

Edited by micros24

Well the first thing I would do is go to your graphics driver website and make sure you have the most recent update.

If that doesn't work I would play with taking all of your settings down a notch, at the very least the textures. Many people with 2g VRAM have problems with the high setting. I have a lame 512 bit card, and I can't get away with better than medium.

Also just to double check, you are having no other problems, no performance problems, no pixelation in other areas?

If that is the case, do you remember if you had a problem with the pixelated sky before adding END and/or no bloom?

Alright I have no problems with performance but i know my limits. No pixelation in other areas and no other problems.

No pixelated skies before adding ENB and no bloom.

Just a note:

The no bloom is the one that removes the eye effect like looking to a bright light will darken your screen, you know what i mean?

Yes I know what you mean about no bloom, thanks.

My opinion is, that if I had Skyrim up and running well under specs, with the exception of a bit of sky pixelation, I would just not look up!

Still, if it wasn't there before ENB, it might be worth seeing if uninstalling that helps. Obviously ENB is doing other things you like, or you wouldn't have it, so only you know if its worth getting rid of.

You could try changing your AA to 0 and using FXAA instead, not sure that would make a difference. Lowering texture, even to medium, may help blur the area so that the pixels are less evident.

Good luck!