[LE] At a loss with world space mapmarker

Hey all, I am currently working on a mod that is set in a new world space. It's already quite far in the process but I still have to add a mapmaker. However I have no clue how to actually do this. I couldn't really find anything on the internet, and looking at the mapmakers in Solshteim also didn't bring me more knowledge. So I was hoping somebody here could maybe help me?

What I want to do is to have a mapmarker a bit outside the borders of Skyrim. (Like you have with the Dragonborn/Dawnguard DLC.) Does anybody here knows how to do that?

Unimportant note, but eh, maybe it was a step in the right direction?

I placed a Xmarkerheading at the right coordinates and then Ref linked it with the mapmarker in the new world space. But that didn't seem to work. Sadly, other then that I would have no idea.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Alright, tried that. But I still can't see a mapmarker on the map. Also tried placing a mapmarker in the Tamriel worldspace and the Xmarker in the new world space, with no luck. I also made Tamriel the parent worldspace of my worldspace but that also didn't do much. Do you by chance know what I might be doing wrong?

Steps I did:

Placed mapmarker in my worldspace, then placed a Xmarker in Tamriel world space, Ref Linked mapmarker to Xmarker. (And reverse, with worldspaces)

Place a map marker as a Fast Travel to point? They don't do anything on their own you would still need a door to go to the new world.

To get to my new worlds you can travel by boat or a border post (it's just over the border) so you go in one door talk to some guy and exit out the back (into the new world)

Best way for a transition to a new world is the boat way.

So you make a map marker that you can travel to, and place an auto door on it.

Make another auto door on another map marker in the new world and do the same thing

Link the two doors in the edit tab "teleport" (i dont know if you can insta travel from anywhere in skyrim to your new world this way, but worth a try

usually the autodoor load is placed just slightly away from the map marker (FT Point) so you "walk" through into the new world.

But technically it should work,

You can use load doors but it is not required the mapmarker works just fine on its own. Its how the pointer mapmarker to Solstheim works and it used many times in Skyrim itself to put the player at a Xmarkerheading and not where the mapmarker actually is. You must be doing something wrong somewhere.

I have three worldspaces linked like this with no problems. I have the mapmarkers disabled at first and then enable them after the player has visited once (usually by boat) again just like for Solsthiem.

@Rigmor, doesn't this mean that you would first be teleporting to the mapmarker and then "fall" into the autodoor. And thus two loading screens? Or am I getting this wrong? Will give it a shot though.

@Agerweb, alright. So if I read this correctly, the way I placed the mapmarker should work? I just poked around in the Dragonborn DLC and looked at the mapmarkers. I did notice that the mapmarker in Windhelm linked to a load door underground. But also to a mapmarker somewhere in sea. Can't say that I can make much sense out of this, still fairly new to the CK when it comes to these types of things.

Yes should be working; assuming you are double clicking on the mapmarker to open the Reference window, then going to the LinkRef tab selecting new and then after going to your XMarkerHeading in the render window selecting it.

@Rigmor, doesn't this mean that you would first be teleporting to the mapmarker and then "fall" into the autodoor. And thus two loading screens? Or am I getting this wrong? Will give it a shot though.

@Agerweb, alright. So if I read this correctly, the way I placed the mapmarker should work? I just poked around in the Dragonborn DLC and looked at the mapmarkers. I did notice that the mapmarker in Windhelm linked to a load door underground. But also to a mapmarker somewhere in sea. Can't say that I can make much sense out of this, still fairly new to the CK when it comes to these types of things.

Yes, I don't know if it would work, but technically it should because when you FT to the map marker (make it visible and able to FT) you would "drop" right on top of a autoload door straight into the new world :D I might try it myself :tongue:

edit: Of course you probably want to have a quest where the player "journeys" to the border to cross over, but for testing the new world or a FT to another world for editing and testing and just convenience it would be a cool thing, I made a "Border Area" map marker which drops you about 200 yards from the crossing entry point just for convenience. But only because the quest you have to speak to a guy to cross over. But there's no reason you can't set it to drop you on top of a autoload door that will take you absolutely anywhere.

Usually you would take a boat to Solstheim right? from Dawnstar or somewhere, but how about a new mapmarker placed in Dawnstart called "Solstheim" so when you FT it says "Travel to Solstheim" you FT and "wham bang thank you ma'am" you're in Solstheim right from Breezehome. Haha

Edited by Rigmor

@Agerweb, mhh strange. I did all that, multiple times now. But it does not work. I suppose that I will have to poke around a bit more.

@Rigmor, That does sound interesting. But I'm not very fond of the idea that you have to endure 2 loading screens whilst it should only be 1, to be completely honest. Unless it doesn't work like that lol. Eitherhow, at the moment I simply have a cave linking to the new world. (In Skyrim self, with mapmarker to entrance cave.) Not ideal, but it will do for now I suppose.

Edited by Frjemdling