Skyrim Letterbox for 1920x1080

ramakgaming

I look through the options for resolution and I notice that there is no letter boxing for 1920x1080 res, which is what I have. I would like to have that cinema box on bottom and top, like I'm watching a movie in 1920x1080 while I play the game.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn it on for 1920x1080. I've done multiple Google searches, but not finding anything related to my situation 'exactly'.

Can someone please assist me in getting this to work?

Note: Changing to one of the resolutions that do say [letterbox] next to them, doesn't actually add the boxes.

Thanks.

If you use Skyrim Borderless Windows you can run at any res you like , I run at 1600x900 on a 1600x1200 monitor, but just for laughs I once set it to run at 3200x1200 across both of my monitors, wasn't very responsive, but it did look cool.

I think you misunderstand me. I don't want to run at any resolultion, I want to run at 1920x1080, with the cinema style top and bottom black bars, like a widescreen movie would have... but it doesn't have the option and at some point I remember being able to get the cinema effect to work, but I don't remember how I did it.

I want to know how to get that, not change my resolution.

If you use Skyrim Borderless Windows you can run at any res you like , I run at 1600x900 on a 1600x1200 monitor, but just for laughs I once set it to run at 3200x1200 across both of my monitors, wasn't very responsive, but it did look cool.

I think you might be able to download an ENB mod that includes letterboxing and then message the author asking how to turn off absolutely everything besides the letterbox. I doubt it would be a performance hit in that case. Edited by Rennn

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried that and now I can't play the game at all... because I can't figure out how to uninstall it after it caused me problems, and the author doesn't speak English very well at all... otherwise he would have managed to have better detailed instructions on install, and have uninstall instructions... but there is no uninstall instructions. So now I have to reinstall the game completely, not just verify files, thanks to http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16327

I could try another one later, but I am going to be 100% sure that the one I choose to use from now on, has better detailed instructions, easier to set up and install, and easy uninstall instructions. If not, then I'm risking it all doing it, and would choose not to. I'm so frustrated, I can't believe it's so hard just to get this...

I think you might be able to download an ENB mod that includes letterboxing and then message the author asking how to turn off absolutely everything besides the letterbox. I doubt it would be a performance hit in that case.

You can just delete the files that you added. It won't break anything. You'll just have to reinstall any mods that change the night sky that you had previously.

I actually did that, but it still refused to work, so I deleted my data folder, and Steam said that 24 files that were important for the game to run were missing, so it has to reinstall them... and that's taking just as long as it would to reinstall the entire game. In the end, I had no choice but to reinstall the entire game technically... annoying, but I'll never bother that ENB again. I have no idea if I even wanna risk using ANY of them now that this was such a hard thing to remove... and all the devastation it caused. Super isn't even half of what it should be called...

You can just delete the files that you added. It won't break anything. You'll just have to reinstall any mods that change the night sky that you had previously.