Bannered Mare Fire Pit

NarcolepsyNick

So I'm not sure what mod(s) add damage to fire sources other than forges, but I recently noticed a slight issue in the Bannered Mare, where several NPCs managed to burn themselves to death by walking in the fire pit in the center of the room. Does anyone know what mod or mods adds this damage to the fire pits so I don't end up with all of Whiterun dead in the Bannered Mare?

I'm guessing the fire itself got changed by some mod. I have,mfg consule, installed in SL Framework mod, if you don't use SL Framework you can install mfg console separate. With mfg installed open consule in game and click on fire, it will tell which mod is changing it. You could also open all mods into tes5edit and find out all mods referencing Bannered Mare. My guess is culprit mod is not referencing Bannered Mare and is actually changing the fire resource that it using.

I'm guessing the fire itself got changed by some mod. I have,mfg consule, installed in SL Framework mod, if you don't use SL Framework you can install mfg console separate. With mfg installed open consule in game and click on fire, it will tell which mod is changing it. You could also open all mods into tes5edit and find out all mods referencing Bannered Mare. My guess is culprit mod is not referencing Bannered Mare and is actually changing the fire resource that it using.

So using mfg console I only found that Embers HD and ELFX had objects in or on the fire pit. The Embers object was the wood in the pit, and the ELFX ones were just light sources. Disabling them left the fire pit that comes from default Skyrim, but the damage was still being inflicted when stepping into the empty pit. Looking at the form id of the magic effect being applied to me (000FBFEA Heavy Fire Damage and 000FBFEC Lingering Fire Damage), it's the same effect from standing on the forges. Reducing the damage to zero stops the NPCs from dying, but I'm not sure if this is a good fix, as I don't know what else is using the object effect 000FBFED DB10TrapFireTriggerEnch01 and TES5Edit says that the object effect isn't being referenced by anything which is strange since it is being applied in game.

Edited by NarcolepsyNick

• 2 months later...