[LE] Swapping saddles

Question about changing saddles:

I'm using Swift Steeds Stables and Swift Steeds Frost. I'd like to use the custom saddle from the Frost mod on one of the horses in SSS. I've gone into the CK and changed the equipped saddle to the one I wanted, but it didn't work. I tried making a copy of the saddle and equipping that. Also didn't work. I'm not sure what I'm missing, or where I need to change things besides under Default Outfit in the Actor window. I know I'm missing something, I just don't know what (as usual), so any help is welcome!

Copy the nif file of the saddle you want to use into meshes/YourMeshes in the Skyrim Data folder.

Copy the textures for the saddle you want to use into textures/YourTextures in the Skyrim Data Folder.

In ck go to ArmorAddOn, duplicate a saddleAA of your choice, rename the ID to YourSaddleAA.

Open it and change the path of the nif to meshes/YourMeshes/YourSaddle.nif.

Go to Armor, duplicate a saddle of your choice, rename it to YourSaddle and delete the attached AA. Right click new and choose your new created YourSaddleAA.

Go to Outfit, create a new outfit YourSaddleOutfit and drag and drop the Armor YourSaddle into the Outfit window. Go to Actor YourHorse and in inventory tab choose the outfit you've created. Make sure that in the nif the paths for the textures are pointing to your textures folder - in Nifskope look for the BSShaderProperties and change the paths.

Swift Steeds use different saddle sizes for the different horse races. If you use the Gypsy Vanner, maybe the Frost saddle or the bridle will not fit because the Gypsies are too fat for normal sized saddles :smile:

Edited by Tasheni

• 6 months later...