new to pc mods/nexus. Advice?

BloodnRoses

Hello,

I was wondering what would be some great mods i should download on my first time?

What is your advice to installing new mods? I saw the mods and to be honest...I got overwhelmed. Mostly from excitement, other part from confusion.

Should i download any patches first? Any list of your mods will be a great help..

thank you.

Oh, hi. Let me be the first guy to welcome you to our j̶i̶g̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶b̶s̶ modding community. So you want to mod your game 'til it crash. Good, we always welcome people like you here.

For starters to mods:

1. Update your game to latest version to minimize error. Many mods requires latest game .exe.

2. Download NMM << it's a life saving tool fo managing your mod... mostly. There's a another mod sorting software like BOSS, but stick to NMM for now.

3. Check the most downloaded mods. The "Most endorsed (all time)" and "Top files" usually got your basic needs for game modding. It's on "Mods" bar above.

4. Read the Readme or instructions on the mod page.

This is the most important thing before you install the mods. Make sure you follow what the mod authors said in their pages about how install/uninstall, bug, incompatibilities, troubleshoot, etc etc.

Some mods are simple enough to plug and play, like mods that adds new armor/weapons. But some mods that changes gameplay/visual/AI/immersion aren't that easy to uninstall and needs some steps . Always check what the author has to say before install/uninstall. Fail to follow the instruction could break your save file or even your game.

5. Oh yeah, make sure you know what console command is. It's the "~" button on your keybeoard, beside "1". Some mods requires you too type some commands in console panel to activate or deactivate the mods.

6. Since this is basically altering game with unauthorized third party program, know that mods will always have a chance to break your game or make your save file corrupted and force you to reinstall the game to fix it. This is your own risk.

7. Some mods requires extended scripts that isn't avaiable on vanilla exe file. You probably need SKSE http://skse.silverlock.org/ to play the game with mods with extended scripts.

Edited by NeoMeteora

there are several mod lists around , in videos on youtube or written lists on the web

so you can find one that appeals to you (in terms of the mods being used , and how you wish to change your game) , and install these according to the provided instructions

if you are going to do this without a list , make sure to get SKSE64 , the unofficial patch , and beyond this try to define how you wish to enhance or change your game , and try to find the mods that do this

make sure you download mods from the Skyrim SE site (as opposed to the Skyrim LE site) , and of course learn how to use a mod manager (you can get the latest version of NMM on the GitHUB page , or MO2 from this site , I prefer MO2 but it is a bit harder to use at first)

since I'm currently still building my own mod list , I can't give specific suggestions , but it also really depends on what you want from the game

Hello,

I was wondering what would be some great mods i should download on my first time?

What is your advice to installing new mods? I saw the mods and to be honest...I got overwhelmed. Mostly from excitement, other part from confusion.

Should i download any patches first? Any list of your mods will be a great help..

thank you.

As above, I would install Skse64, Nexus Mod Manager aka NMM, Unofficial Patch, Alternate Start and Achievements Mods Enabler first, i would also install/recommend the mod "SkyUI"

*Alternate Start is optional, but tbh a way better a start than the vanilla one.

**And read the description of mod xyz, some may not work correctly if u install the mod via mod manager and/or need some .ini tweaks.

And great mods, well.. depends on your goal and rig.

I could share my list, but dunno if your rig can handle it since my goal was/is more or less good visual and 4k.

For example https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/7032037?tab=images or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1277623211

Would say, install the stuff above first and then scroll thru nexus, pick and try the mods u like and make sure everything is compatible. :thumbsup:

Edited by EyMi