Magic immunity with apprentice birthsign?

stebbinsd

I'm playing as an Altmer with the Apprentice birthsign. To get immunity to magic, do I need 200% resist magic, or just 100%?

Honestly, I can see it both ways. After all, 100% resistance to magic is supposed to be the only type of immunity that can't be weakened, since a "weakness to magicka" spell's magnitude is reduced to zero in such a case. But the question is ... does that also apply when I was already under the weakness effect to begin with?

according to the UESP page , the total resistance you get is the resistance minus the weakness

therefore , you will need 200% resist magic to be completely immune

this should work with all spells , because of the multiplication effect (so your Altmer's elemental weakness shouldn't bother you if you are completely immune to magic effects)

according to the UESP page , the total resistance you get is the resistance minus the weakness

therefore , you will need 200% resist magic to be completely immune

this should work with all spells , because of the multiplication effect (so your Altmer's elemental weakness shouldn't bother you if you are completely immune to magic effects)

But that same website also says "The only absolutely impenetrable immunity is 100% Resist Magic, since any Weakness to Magic spell would have its magnitude reduced to zero."

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Magical_Effects#Resistances_and_Weaknesses

I just added a pair of mundane rings via the console. However, I cannot equip both of them at the same time. Is that because I added them via the console and so they have the same refID (just like if I duped them with scrolls), or am I just not allowed to wear two mundane rings at a time (e.g. if I killed Raven Cameron in Paradise multiple times)?

if I recall correctly , you can only wear one ring at a time

and if you have mods that allow for several rings , I don't think you can wear two of the same rings

you can use other items to try and reach over 100% to check (which I was going to suggest)

look here for suggested items that you can add via console commands to check this http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Resist_Magic

if I recall correctly , you can only wear one ring at a time

and if you have mods that allow for several rings , I don't think you can wear two of the same rings

you can use other items to try and reach over 100% to check (which I was going to suggest)

look here for suggested items that you can add via console commands to check this http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Resist_Magic

I know for a fact that, in Oblivion, I can wear two rings. I've done it multiple times before.

It's only Skyrim where I'm restricted to only one ring at a time.

Also, my attempts to equip the mundane ring don't cause the first ring to be unequipped; it simply says "you cannot equip this enchanted item right now."

For NPCs (i.e. not the player) the rings must be one left hand and one right hand for two rings to be worn (meaning which body slot the ring occupies). The player ignores the slot assignment, but the two rings must not be the same (as you've found).

What I do is create a new ring (so unique Form ID), in my case so that a right hand ring can be worn on the left, which is less commonly used (though the Mundane Ring is one of those left hand slot rings). I'm doing it for NPCs to wear the rings I'd like, so I also make the "new" ring zero weight to simplify getting them to the NPC.