More Perk Points...?

davidnowlin

I was going to try to make a mod that increased the amount of perks you get per level but I thought... surely someone has already done this. So I did a search (for like two hours now) and I can't find anything. All I can find is post after post in this forum and others of people asking for it and other people responding with this Elys Uncapper and the Dragon Souls to Perks mods. Is this really that hard? Is there something about perk points that makes this insanely difficult? It seems like with so many people asking for a way to buy perks, or a way to get 2 perks per level, or anything like that, that someone would have made these mods, but they just don't seem to exist.

I'm not ready to try the Uncapper (which seems to be a huge undertaking for what should be a pretty simple tweak) and the Dragon Souls thing just isn't what I'm looking for. But it does seem to prove that *someone* figured this out. If you can buy perks with dragon souls, why not with money? Can a book be made that, when you read it, it gives you a perk point and then just have vendors sell that book for 5k a pop? Can you make a trainer who adds perk points when you pay him 5k? Has anyone seen mods like this? Anyone know the basics of how to script a perk addition?

Thanks for pointing this out. It's sorta what I'm looking for. I'd have preferred books, but this will do. Normally if I'd prefer books and something is a potion, I'd just copy the script and see if I can make it a book, but for some reason on this one I can't view the script (through the only method I know, trying to 'edit source' on the magic effect that raises the perk). No idea why, but it's grayed out.

Anyway, thanks again, man.

There's a mod that uncaps the levels so you can play past level 81, and it puts each perk to 300 instead of 100. You can play to level 252 and get all the perks.

There's also another that lets you turn in dragon souls for perks.

I wouldn't mind a hybrid of the two ideas. Something that lets me use say 5 dragon souls for one perk, but only after level 81.

I found both of those... those were the two I was talking about in my original post. The first I had a problem with because it seems to rewrite a pretty substantial amount of the game... I don't like big overhaul mods unless I understand them better than I do that one and I don't want to take the time to learn for what I'm pretty sure is a very small thing (this perks potions thing seems pretty simple). I have the dragon souls for perks thing, but I kinda want to use my dragon souls for shouts. Anyway, if I just wanted a few extra perks I'd probably just figure some way to use the console (set your level down, level up, set your level back to where it was works pretty well). But my problem with the perks system is that you get less than a fourth of the perks that are available. I'm not asking for much. Well, I'm not asking for all of them. I'd be happy getting, you know... HALF. But a FOURTH? That's ricockulous. 2/lvl seems like a better rate of perking. But if that's not available, I'm happy to trade gold for perks. So the perk potion idea is good enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

One more thing: for people who may read this who haven't done the searching yet, there is one other mod out there that also seems like an interesting approach to this. The auto-perking mod that just gives you perks as you become eligible for them. It's on the workshop (just search for 'perks' and it's in the first screen. Can't miss it. I didn't want to do that one either because, as I said, I don't want to get rid of the entire perk-buying system and I really am not looking for a way to get all 252 for free. I want more than you get in vanilla, but I'm willing to pay for them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

One other other thing. Here's a link to the perk potion mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10836

Edited by davidnowlin

The reason the script can't be edited is because the perk point potions mod relies upon a custom SKSE plugin. Which, ironically, is the same as Ely's Uncapper, which is an SKSE plugin that just has extra options. Both rewrite executable code, just as SKSE itself does.