Issue with Bodyslide

xDragonFire1115x

So I recently downloaded this mod, and tried to edit it with Bodyslide. I've edited outfits before and it has always worked out for me, however when I tried to edit this mod's armor, the changes would not appear in game. Along with that, it comes with a physics version, which when I edit that version, my game crashes on the initial loading screen (for now obvious reasons as I do not have any physics mods installed). I tried updating CBBE and Bodyslide, both of which happened to be multiple versions behind, but that still didn't solve the problem. I'm far from an expert in this area and most of my knowledge has come from experience (limited experience) so any help solving this problem would be appreciated.

Start here then. https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Guides-and-Documentation Outfit Studio can take a while to learn. There's a lot of tutorials.

Armours with physics bones tend to freak out if you mess with them the wrong way in Outfit Studio. A work around is to get rid of the bone weights and paint new ones.

Basically you need to export the armour as an OBJ, then drag it back into Outfit Studio load and load a similar armour and copy the bone weights to the blank one. Then export the new armour as a nif. You might need to set up the texture paths again as well.

This might help.

I'm getting a lot of use from this video.

Start here then. https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Guides-and-Documentation Outfit Studio can take a while to learn. There's a lot of tutorials.

Armours with physics bones tend to freak out if you mess with them the wrong way in Outfit Studio. A work around is to get rid of the bone weights and paint new ones.

Basically you need to export the armour as an OBJ, then drag it back into Outfit Studio load and load a similar armour and copy the bone weights to the blank one. Then export the new armour as a nif. You might need to set up the texture paths again as well.

This might help.

I'm getting a lot of use from this video.

So I would have to do this even if I'm not currently using any physics mods? That doesn't make sense to me. Besides, there is a non-physics version in Bodyslide; it's just that when i try to edit it, nothing changes in game.