Vanilla Skyrim d3d9.dll?

Nubblecakes

Hey guys. I was using ENBseries for a good while now but I've come to realize that all it does is end up creating a really murky image with nasty banding effects and other ugliness, while causing certain issues like not being able to see underwater. So I installed IMAGINATOR and found it to be a far better tool because it's non-intrusive and is easily customized since it's real-time and can be modified in-game. And it doesn't require a modified dll file.

So basically, I want to get rid of ENB Series for good so it's not running in the game at all. Is there some way I can obtain the vanilla D3D9.dll for Skyrim? Could I just copy the one from my System32 folder and paste it in to the Skyrim folder and not have any issues? I'm not entirely sure how it all works, honestly.

PS: Sorry if this was the wrong section to post this in. Wasn't sure if it belonged in the mod help section.

Actually, ENB Series uses a modified d3d9.dll. How else would it inject itself in to Skyrim? I didn't back up the original d3d9.dll because I'm a noob, so now I'm stuck with the ENB d3d9.dll.

I'm going to try and use the d3d9.dll from my System32 folder and see how it works out. Worst case scenario it doesn't work at all and I just put the ENB d3d9.dll back in there until I find a proper solution.

I don't have a D3D9.dll in Skyrim or anywhere on my computer because I don't use any of the ENB supposed enhancers. I found the same thing as you with ENB causing no end of problems and not actually making the game look better (mostly it made it look foggy) and I am using the same mod as you. D3D9.dll is a DirectX9 file that some ENB mods needed in the Skyrim folder to properly run. If you have DirectX9 installed, it is in the Windows folder(s), but I don't think you need it in Skyrim without any ENB mods.

Did you try running Skyrim without it?

A DLL file in the same directory as an executable takes priority over one with the same name found in the system files. Essentially, an executable checks its own directory before asking the system.

Delete the DLL file, and the game will use the one in your system files that installed with DirectX. Don't go messing around with the real DLLs, and re-install DirectX if you already did.