ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] Help with Scripting Tattoos or "SetFaceTextureSet" please

dePog

Hey Guys,

I have been in an ongoing discussion with the author of Slavetats (Murfk) about trying to add tattoos via scripting so that my Tiefling mod can have an animated skin change (the dragon skin will be added as a tattoo). However, despite Murfk being extremely generous with his replies I cannot resolve the issue. So I was wondering if anyone else in the modding community has had the problem of tattoos not appearing when they are scripted, and hopefully what did you do to fix the problem.

I have the following lines in my magic effect script:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Body)",1,0)
SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Feet)",1,0)
SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Hands (Hands)",1,0)
SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Head (Face)",1,1)
debug.notification("Dragon skin change")

- I have the Json file in the correct location within the Slavetats folder

- I can see and apply the Dragon skin tattoos within the MCM menu

- Once they are applied via MCM they look perfect

However, they never appear when I run the animation spell. The spell adds horns and tail correctly, but the Tattoos never show. There are no Json errors reported when I bring up and look in the console.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. smile.png

PS: Alternatively, if anyone knows how to change skin textures for the face and body via "SetSkin" and "SetFaceTextureSet" I could do the Tiefling morph that way. However, I can't seem to get them to work either. They compile in CK but nothing happens in game when using the spell. (I have successfully changed the body, hands and feet by making them into armor, but that still leaves the head unchanged)

EDIT: Mystery solved

Due to the way the example is set out on the mod authors download page I thought I had to put the body part in brackets, ie (Body) or (Feet) or (Hands), etc.

So where I had coded:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body (Body)",1,0)

it should just have been:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(mySelf, "Dragon", "Nether Body",1,0)

Edited by dePog