"Sigil Stone Selector" doesn't work.

stebbinsd

I've downloaded and installed this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/17413?tab=description

I've followed the instructions for an OBMM installation. My OBMM says that the OMOD was successfully created. When I go to activate the mod, I select "standard Oblivion" (since that's what I'm playing with) and the mod appears to install without issue.

But when I go to use the mod in-game, it doesn't work! I have a saved game that's right in front of a sigil stone, but when I activate that sigil stone, it still gives me a random sigil stone using the vanilla mechanic!

How do I get this mod to work?!

Have you tried downloading the mod to a folder and extracting to that same folder?

I've used the vanilla version of that mod in the past and it worked fine (it is technically in my current load order too, but my guy is using an alternate start and still hasn't initiated the Main quest). Manually installing for the vanilla version from an extracted download is literally copying SigilStoneSelector.esp from the extracted download and pasting that in your game's Oblivion\Data folder and activating with your mod manager of choice.

If I remember correctly when I first started using the mod it was in a game where I'd part way finished the Main quest. Maybe give it a go in a save where you aren't standing right at the sigil stone.

Have you tried downloading the mod to a folder and extracting to that same folder?

Yes, I tried that already. It still didn't work.

If I remember correctly when I first started using the mod it was in a game where I'd part way finished the Main quest. Maybe give it a go in a save where you aren't standing right at the sigil stone.

Why would that make a difference?