Opinions on my mod?

Deleted5396936User

So I released "Wasteland Bosses II" and it has gotten a bunch of downloads which is super cool but I have doubts as to whether or not people are having fun with it. Your opinions will help so that I can possibly update it to make it better. Also, I want opinions for when I make another one, as I not only make the mods for my own entertainment, but to entertain you guys as well.

So basically, to anyone who has played it..

• Did it seem well balanced?
  • Did you have fun with it?
  • Does it seem too basic or lacking in features?
  • Any other thoughts/concerns?

It's a big favor to ask, I know - a huge thanks to anyone who plays and replies!

• 1 month later...

Your mod is so criminally under-appreciated. It needs to be known more! It's like the ultimate hidden gem in Fallout New Vegas mod list in Nexus. I was pleasantly surprised with how well made it was considering you didn't get paid doing it.

Balance wise? It's in the same difficulty as The Better Angels mod from Nexus which is considered to be top 3 hardest mods out there. But since I min-max alot and really know the game, I thought it could have been alot harder. I mean for experienced players, I think this mod would be a a really nice challenge. But for hardcore min-maxers, I've never really found any mods that truly challenged me. I mean I can kill 2 Gojiras and not die so the mod has to be uber hard to challenge me and that would turn alot of people off. So yeah, I think the mod is one of the hardest ones out there and would prove a challenge to an experienced player but may be a tad bit easy for the small % of hardcore min-maxers.

Fun? Hell yes! Arena type dungeons and just blasting your enemies away feeling like a God! It's a nice feeeling. The good thing about this mod is all about action, action, action! It's very nice to just blow stuff up. Most of the dungeons are very immersive as well and you can really feel that you are inside them. The dungeons are just not cookie cutter ones, they are well made!

Is it lacking in features? I think simplicity is the strong feature of this mod, you can just play it and not have to care about anything. If you just wanna blow stuff up, this is the mod for you! If you want a challege, this is the mod for you! One feature I would like implementedd would be the gauntlet bosses respawning so we can have a bit of replayability if we just wanna kill things. Also, I would like optional extra uber hard bosses but that has already been addressed in mighty Dungeons 3.

I was very satisfied with this mod and good job random 411!

ps. I just realized this was for wasteland bosses 2 and not might dungeons 2 lol. But I already wrote alot so I'll post this anyway. This review is for Mighty Dungeons 2.

Your mod is so criminally under-appreciated. It needs to be known more! It's like the ultimate hidden gem in Fallout New Vegas mod list in Nexus. I was pleasantly surprised with how well made it was considering you didn't get paid doing it.

Balance wise? It's in the same difficulty as The Better Angels mod from Nexus which is considered to be top 3 hardest mods out there. But since I min-max a lot and really know the game, I thought it could have been a lot harder. I mean for experienced players, I think this mod would be a a really nice challenge. But for hardcore min-maxers, I've never really found any mods that truly challenged me. I mean I can kill 2 Gojiras and not die so the mod has to be uber hard to challenge me and that would turn a lot of people off. So yeah, I think the mod is one of the hardest ones out there and would prove a challenge to an experienced player but may be a tad bit easy for the small % of hardcore min-maxers.

Fun? Hell yes! Arena type dungeons and just blasting your enemies away feeling like a God! It's a nice feeeling. The good thing about this mod is all about action, action, action! It's very nice to just blow stuff up. Most of the dungeons are very immersive as well and you can really feel that you are inside them. The dungeons are just not cookie cutter ones, they are well made!

Is it lacking in features? I think simplicity is the strong feature of this mod, you can just play it and not have to care about anything. If you just wanna blow stuff up, this is the mod for you! If you want a challege, this is the mod for you! One feature I would like implementedd would be the gauntlet bosses respawning so we can have a bit of replayability if we just wanna kill things. Also, I would like optional extra uber hard bosses but that has already been addressed in mighty Dungeons 3.

I was very satisfied with this mod and good job random 411!

ps. I just realized this was for wasteland bosses 2 and not might dungeons 2 lol. But I already wrote a lot so I'll post this anyway. This review is for Mighty Dungeons 2.

Well thanks for the review lol. It means a lot to me that you like Mighty Dungeons II so much! Totally thought this thread died off but I am glad you posted your review - the more feedback on my mods, the merrier!

Please understand I am NOT commenting on YOUR mods. I haven't played them. I expect I will eventually get around to trying them later on, but not this play-through. As you said "the more feedback on my mods, the merrier" I thought my reasons why that will be so might be of some benefit.

I'm not quite sure you realize how important your mod description is. It is your "sales pitch" to the community, second only to a good title in gaining attention. Yours make too many assumptions and don't try to "sell" at all.

I check the Nexus Mods "New Recently" page daily (actually several times a day), and look over most new ones that seem to offer something I might possibly be interested in. But my time is limited, and it's my "guilty pleasure" and the last thing I do in a session after dealing with the forum questions. As such I don't have time to waste on something that doesn't look interesting. (I have no personal use for "player homes" for example.) In my experience that is true of most players: too little time for playing to waste on anything else. So a title like "Wasteland Bosses" is accurate and descriptive, but I'm role playing a sniper and "bosses" are (speaking in very stereo-typical terms) normally just large "bullet sponges" with high hit-points. Similar for "boss gauntlets".

"Bullet sponges" defeat the concept of "one shot, one kill" accuracy at the core of a sniper character. (I personally find "waves" of enemies much more challenging than a "bullet sponge". "Did I bring enough ammo? Am I about to have my position overrun? Where is a good fallback position? What about my incapacitated companions? Is this an inexhaustible horde? Should I change weapons?", etc.)

"Bosses" and "boss gauntlets" are terms arising from the "first person shooter" or "slash-fest" style of console gaming. As such they are catchy and descriptive terms, but also bear that associative connotation. To someone interested in "role-playing" the terms are fair warning that the mod can be expected to be "melee oriented" and "a dungeon crawl" (slay the monsters and grab the loot, rinse and repeat) with little to engage the immersion or development of the character. Useful for "grinding out experience points", but not really story oriented.

That is not to say such a mod can't have a focus on those role-play elements. But having those terms in the title establishes those expectations. The description needs to counter those assumptions quickly and thoroughly to get more than a cursory glance from me. Your "Dungeons" descriptions gave some hope of that. The "Bosses" series did not.

Just my personal two-bits. And again I want to stress this is not about your mods per se, but rather about why the descriptions did not "sell me". Someone actively seeking to improve their mod appeal to the community deserves whatever assistance I can offer. I wish you the best of luck.

-Dubious-

Cool, feedback from Dubious!! Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, I managed to forget about this thread, lol.

My mods are essentially just meant to be fun content for people to blast their way through. I added plenty of story/flavor elements, but they are definitely like you said, "slay the monsters and grab the loot", which I know doesn't appeal to everybody, especially those who are super serious about role-playing. I'll consider updating the descriptions, if I can think of a better way to convey what they are about/make them seem more appealing.

Thanks for taking the time to give me this feedback and again sorry I didn't reply earlier! It's also super cool that you are considering playing some of them :D If you do, then I hope you have fun!

Edited by Guest