What entry determines type of Turret idle sounds?

I'm trying to figure out how to change Workshop turret sounds without actually changing the .wav file.

My goal is to mute Wall Spotlights without affecting other turrets in the process cause their sound makes no sense why a small spotlight with tiny motor sounds like a industrial size petrol generator.

Anyways anyone knows how to swap or mute Spotlight turret's sound

I'd like to make them sound like spotlights in enemy camps they have silent motors or if thats not possible i'd like to swap their petrol motor sound with calm Bubble turret scan sounds

I tried searching in Fo4Edit both the bubble turret and spotlight turrent entries for something that would help me get started but i have found nothing i dont know where to search

changing / removing voice type does nothing either and spotlights have same voice type as bubble turrets so that further confuses me.

Anyone knows how to do that?

Edited by Lythael

I don't remember what the workshop spotlight sounded like - is it identical to the machine gun turrets?

Anyway, after locating the LPM descriptors for both machine gun and enemy camp spotlight turrets, their LPM descriptors didn't appear to be referenced, like at all, throughout the CK. Usually they'd be mapped through a KSSM then referenced using a keyword such as the s_40_TurretLowTech, but even the KSSMs only contain descriptors for weapon fire.

The workshop spotlight belongs to the TurretWorkshopRace, which uses a general behavior graph in "Actors\Turret\TurretWorkshop.hkx". Unpacking this graph using hkxpack yields a reference to another graph in "Characters\Workshop\TurretWorkshopCharacter.hkx" which again references "Actors\Turret\Behaviors\TurretWorkshopRootBehavior.hkx", and here's the kicker:

The TurretWorkshopRootBehavior file has an "eventToSend" payload with the string "NPCRobotTurretLowTechMotorLPM" - the idle motor sound used by machine gun turrets.

Not sure how much help this is, but as far as I can see the idle sounds appear to be hardcoded in the behavior files. Another thing, is that most if not all non-workshop spotlights are simply activators and aren't even considered actors. I'm basing this off the SpotLightDetect01, which has a SearchMotorLPM that references OBJSpotlightMotorSearchLPM - the only reference I could find using the loop from spotlights at enemy camps.

I don't remember what the workshop spotlight sounded like - is it identical to the machine gun turrets?
Anyway, after locating the LPM descriptors for both machine gun and enemy camp spotlight turrets, their LPM descriptors didn't appear to be referenced, like at all, throughout the CK. Usually they'd be mapped through a KSSM then referenced using a keyword such as the s_40_TurretLowTech, but even the KSSMs only contain descriptors for weapon fire.
The workshop spotlight belongs to the TurretWorkshopRace, which uses a general behavior graph in "Actors\Turret\TurretWorkshop.hkx". Unpacking this graph using hkxpack yields a reference to another graph in "Characters\Workshop\TurretWorkshopCharacter.hkx" which again references "Actors\Turret\Behaviors\TurretWorkshopRootBehavior.hkx", and here's the kicker:
The TurretWorkshopRootBehavior file has an "eventToSend" payload with the string "NPCRobotTurretLowTechMotorLPM" - the idle motor sound used by machine gun turrets.
Not sure how much help this is, but as far as I can see the idle sounds appear to be hardcoded in the behavior files. Another thing, is that most if not all non-workshop spotlights are simply activators and aren't even considered actors. I'm basing this off the SpotLightDetect01, which has a SearchMotorLPM that references OBJSpotlightMotorSearchLPM - the only reference I could find using the loop from spotlights at enemy camps.

Damn i was afraid they would be hardcoded like that..

But at least now i know how this works so thanks you have been big help.

Merely a suggestion but when sound fx are hardcoded directly in the behavior files, sometimes you're better off modifying the sound descriptor itself, which has of course its limtes because it'll change the sound of every base object which uses the same sound.

But if, with any luck, that sound is only used by the form you want to change, you can either mute it or lower the sound fx by tweaking the sound output models, or incresing the static attenuation directly on the sound descriptor tab, or just add conditions for the sound fx to fire.

Merely a suggestion but when sound fx are hardcoded directly in the behavior files, sometimes you're better off modifying the sound descriptor itself, which has of course its limtes because it'll change the sound of every base object which uses the same sound.

But if, with any luck, that sound is only used by the form you want to change, you can either mute it or lower the sound fx by tweaking the sound output models, or incresing the static attenuation directly on the sound descriptor tab, or just add conditions for the sound fx to fire.

Yes i tried replacing the turret motor sound descriptor with RUST turret sound but i end up restoring it back cause it gave me OCD seeing the machinegun turrets wobble like crazy yet producing silent scaning sounds. (Same goes for muting the sound)

The sound works for the "makeshift" turrets and spotlights but not really for the machinegun turrets :tongue:

Maybe somewhere i'll find a good sound to replace the old one with that will be both less annoying and it will fit with all type of vanilla workshop turrets

For now i gave up.

Edited by Lythael