Lengthening combat; Disabling combat health regen

iamjonsmith

Hi there,

New to modding, I'm trying to make a mod using the Creation Kit that will make combat slower/last longer, starting with simply giving all characters significantly more health. I'm tired of most npc's either dying in 1-2 hits or killing me in the same. Focusing on a sword and board character, I'm hoping the attack/block/dodge/power attack mechanics will feel more tactical with an increase in combat time, instead of: running power attack, standing power attack, victory. I've increased fNPCHealthLevelBonus and fPCHealthLevelBonus so that the early game is mostly unchanged, but gets noticeably longer as you progress.

The problem is, because heal rate is based on percentage, eventually combat heath regen will start to counteract a significant portion of incoming damage, as the players health pool becomes very large. There is a variable called fCombatHealthRegenRateMult but it is already set to 0.0. I can edit it through the console, but is there a way to set it in the mod, without scripting? It seems like it should be easy, but I spent 2 hours searching for a simple solution, to no avail. Note: I want to leave out-of-combat regen on, i just don't want running in circles around the enemy to act as a passive heal. Any other suggestions/comments welcome.

tl;dr: How do I disable combat health regen in the Creation Kit?

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

To disable your health regeneration in combat search for the editor ID Player in Actors, and open up the SpellList tab and remove PCHealRateCombat.

NPC's don't regenerate health in combat, or at all, so you don't have to worry about them.