⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Unarmed Weapons as Armor

Nktails

Well, my personal top priorities would be Boxing Tape, Saturnite Fist Super-Heated, and Greased Lightning. It would be very nice if it worked for companions too, as I like having Veronica with me, and what is Veronica without a power fist on :)

Furthermore, if you could make a mod/addition where those Scientist Gloves from OWB were on both hands and just used the standard punching animations with both hands active, and were equipped like normal gloves when not punching with them like you're doing with the power fists. that would be AMAZING! It bugs the life out of me that they're treated like power fists. I'd mostly like to see the Corrosive Glove, but all of them would be extremely welcome additions.

Thank you SO much for doing this!

P.S. I know it's long, but I beg of you, to give my ellaboration on my gear concepts a read when you get the chance.

Well, my personal top priorities would be Boxing Tape, Saturnite Fist Super-Heated, and Greased Lightning.

Sounds good I'll add them to the list

It would be very nice if it worked for companions too, as I like having Veronica with me, and what is Veronica without a power fist on :smile:

Yeah they can be tweaked with an object script to work on NPCs, should'nt be a problem

Furthermore, if you could make a mod/addition where those Scientist Gloves from OWB were on both hands and just used the standard punching animations with both hands active, and were equipped like normal gloves when not punching with them like you're doing with the power fists. that would be AMAZING! It bugs the life out of me that they're treated like power fists. I'd mostly like to see the Corrosive Glove, but all of them would be extremely welcome additions.

Yeah, the scientists gloves would be cool :smile: I don't think they have a rigid component (just the naming convention the developers used for the part of the mesh haning off the weapons node), so I don't think I'll even need to load them into blender. Did't get a chance to fire up blender last night, but hope to get going with models soon.

Thank you SO much for doing this!

P.S. I know it's long, but I beg of you, to give my ellaboration on my gear concepts a read when you get the chance.

For sure, I won't forget, and I'll get back to your post when I have time to formulate a cogent reply

Sounds awesome man!

On a sidenote I have another small request which I think is too small in scope to really warrant its own thread. I'd really love to have a "sawed off" Grenade Rifle. By that I mean the stock cut off where it has that bend (if you look at the Great Bear unique one, you just have to cut it where that one's stock changes colour), and the sights switched for the ones from the sawed-off shotgun. That's it.

Would love if it could be handled 1-handed like a sawed-off shotgun, but if that's too much work just have it be gripped like the lever-action shotgun as that has no shoulder-stock either.

If you can, just put a small cap at the butt of the sawed-off stock. Just something super simple like a nailed on piece of metal, or part of the metal brace from the sawed-off shotgun or the lever-action shotgun.

Sorry for all the requests I don't mean to flood you, I'm just indescribably happy that you're willing to take requests like this and I hope this one barely takes any time.

It's no problem to cut off the barrel, but as far as the weapon grip it would depend on if it lines up with the weapon. I don't have time to really test them, but if your willing to do so I might be able to whip up some models.

As far as a butt cap yeah that should be doable.

Unfortunately I can't tell you when I'll get a chance.

The good news is most of the unarmed weapons don't need rigging so if I can get a half hour or an hour of free time I can crank out most of them.....so most of this request isn't a huge time sponge (although powerfist weapons are an exception and will take some rigging).

For the advanced, automatic armors though, we need to figure out how they should work. The basic models are very straight forward, you just go into the apparal/armor tab and select them to equip them (and they bump any thing else using the right and left hand body slot). For the automatic armor we need to decide how "sticky" we want them. For instance do we just want them equipped automatically when unequipping the powerfists? Or do we want them to auto equip themselves even after outfit/armor changes (so they stay on regardless of your clothes/armor changes) and just be unequipped through the pipboy? Or a different method?

The base length of the barrel is fine, I just want the normal Grenade Rifle, no need to go through all the variants and make one for each. It's just "sawing" off the back half of the shoulder-stock where it already has that bend, in the same place where the Great Bear unique variant has a colour shift on its stock. And demounting the sights, possibly replacing them with something much smaller and simpler like the Sawed-off Shotgun has. The whole idea is to make it look like a big fella could wear it on the hip and quickly whip it out and load it with whatever grenade the situation calls for, so it eliminates the need for hand-lobbed grenades without taking up carry space from another, primary weapon.

As for the fists, I think it should work well if they equip themselves regardless of other apparel, when not using the actual fist weapons, and that they be un-equippable in the Pip-boy if one wants to. I for one use a 2500 Pip-boy model so I won't have any issues with the scientist gloves equipped on both hands like we talked about.