Unique Voice Type Followers Help

Cynster

So, my actor is in the follower class/potential follower class, and the relationships are done - she has her own unique dialogue. I'd like to be able to trigger her to become a follower at some point in the dialogue. Is there a way to set that using Papyrus scripts in the topic window?

Thanks for any help! I really appreciate it.

2nd issue - just having the dialogue show up at all, even if I cheat and already add her to the follower faction -1

I think the main issue is that I am doing the voice myself - I've gone through the quest "DialogueFollower" and added a topic specific to my character for each one, recorded them all, and normal dialogue works fine with her, just the follower ones do not show up. Is there something I'm missing?

Edited by cynster

So, my actor is in the follower class/potential follower class, and the relationships are done - she has her own unique dialogue. I'd like to be able to trigger her to become a follower at some point in the dialogue. Is there a way to set that using Papyrus scripts in the topic window?

Thanks for any help! I really appreciate it.

2nd issue - just having the dialogue show up at all, even if I cheat and already add her to the follower faction -1

I think the main issue is that I am doing the voice myself - I've gone through the quest "DialogueFollower" and added a topic specific to my character for each one, recorded them all, and normal dialogue works fine with her, just the follower ones do not show up. Is there something I'm missing?

In the Topic Info window -- End: Papyrus Fragment > getowningquest().setstage(XX) --XX is the stage number that you want to make follower then at that stage Papyrus Fragment > NPCRefName.SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(), 1)

2nd issue, if I'm understanding you correctly, make sure you have the NPC's voice type set to one of the follower voice types. Or are you making a custom voice?

If you're making a new voice type you have to add it to follower faction.

Edited by DizzasterJuice

I am making a new voice type. Thanks! I will try that. Thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: I am in the faction window for the follower faction, but I don't see where you can add voice types. Where would I add it? Thanks so much for your help :)

I've double checked that everything in my dialogue matches the follower dialogue - the only thing now is adding my voice to that faction (where I'm not seeing where you would do that.) and also getting her to actually follow me. I can tell her to stop following me with the script you gave me - but that's it.

Edited by cynster

Okay - I solved it. If you have a unique voiced character it looks like you can't use the follower faction (until I guess I find a way to add it - even adding it to the form list doesn't work) - But you can use the PlayerFollower and script/package your way to following.

If anyone wants to have a follower with a unique voice - check out Esbern as a starting point. He has various followPlayer packages, and the quest sets his followPlayer status and removes it.

With help between DizzasterJuice and Esbern's properties this is how I got there:

In your quest, when you are asking your player to follow you - pick a stage where they start to follow you.

In that stage, add a papyrus fragment and input [variables] instead of the brackets:

Actor [variable for your actor] = Alias_[Quest Aliases variable for your actor].AddToFaction(PlayerFollowerFaction)

[variable for your actor].SetRelationshipRank(Game.GetPlayer(),2)

* Add a property Faction:PlayerFollowerFaction

-----

In your dialogue, find the topic where you ask him/her to follow you and add a papyrus fragment, where xx is the state number that you added your follower scripts to:

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(xx)

The thing I need to solve is getting the follower text to work - she follows, but indefinitely. I'd like to be able to tell her to wait, but since she is following as a player follower and not a current follower, she isn't using the follower dialogue..

I could hard-code it of course - and maybe that's what I have to do. So if someone is wanting to do that, just keep doing the topics like you did the first, but removing them from player follow, etc.

Edited by cynster

So you're saying you added your voice type to the form list "VoicesFollowerNeutral" and nothing happened? Did you remember to edit the topic info reponses so that they use your voice type?

Hmm, actually I don't know how to do that.

If it doesn't work by editing the vanilla topic infos, how about creating your own? Like how some followers have their own topic infos (eg Farkas), you could have a topic info made specifically for your follower.

Yep - that's what I did. Every topic she has her own voice recorded thing to say, unique to her NPC - and I used the same sorts of values as the others in each topic. There's something else I think that needs to be set to allow her voice type to be a follower, but I have no idea what. For example, the "Follow me" dialog - she has that. It just never shows up for her in game. And I know she is a follower because I was using the follower overhaul at one point and she got that default "you know" dialog option that all followers get. So she really is a follower -- she just doesn't follow correctly or have the dialogue showing up - unless I change her voice type. Edited by cynster

Yep I did that too. It doesn't seem to do anything. I even tried doing it Esbern's way - and that was the only way I could even get her to follow, but that's following without using the followerDialog quest pretty much. She's following as a PlayerFollower not as a CurrentFollower. For some reason the CurrentFollower scripts just don't work with her voice type.