Unique Voice Type Followers Help

Cynster

I have a solution :) for those with the same problem! Someone at the Bethesda forums figured out what I was doing wrong :)

There was an issue ultimately with how I was setting the follower.

1. Place in your papyrus script on the dialogue where they decide to follow you, which also sets the relationship:

(DialogueFollower as DialogueFollowerScript).SetFollower([Your NPC's Name here])

2. Set properties DialogueFollower type:Quest

[NPC name] type: Actor (you can select it in the rendering window if not auto-filled)

compile and it should work!

Be sure to add dialogue for following, one for each circumstance in DialogueFollower quest. And follow all of the other basic follower requirements. If anyone has any problems please feel free to message me :)

Edited by cynster

I'm in the same boat as you cynster. I'm doing the same stuff and having the same results. There is a guy who did a mod that used voice clips from the guy in "An Idiot Abroad" and made him a follower with some 380 lines of dialogue. Unfortunately they nailed him for copywrite infringement. So he's decided to put up a tutorial on how he did it. Unfortunately he's only on tutorial 3 which barely gets into making the first line of dialogue. I messaged him though and asked when he's going to publish his next tutorial...

Here is the link if you're curious:

http://deck16.net/post/22645519500/making-a-unique-voiced-follower-in-skyrim-part-1

If you've already found a solution to this let me know how you did it!

It sounds like maybe you've already found the solution you needed. However, an alternative way of creating a unique voice follower is to make a separate follower quest and not use the standard follower route at all. This is what I did to make Brynjolf, Vex, and Karliah into followers. I actually really prefer this way because it avoids a lot of potential conflicts with the many follower mods out there, and it also gives you more flexibility to add unique features and dialogue to your follower. I modeled the quest off of the vanilla one for Cicero and the DB Initiates (who also use a completely separate follower quest). If you're interested in trying this route, take a look at the Dark Brotherhood quest. If you have any questions about it, I'll do my best to help.