Monsters immune to magic damage while I am sneaking.

Xenavire

Basically the title says it all, while I am sneaking and undetected mosters are 100% immune to my magic attacks. So the first hit always fails, but any other spell/enchanted weapon strike works normally.

I have a ton of mods on (mostly magic modifying ones, like Supreme Magicka/LAME/Higher magic) and a few for sneaking (SDR specifically).

I have disabled a lot of the mods, built and rebuilt bash patches, installed and reinstalled, and I cannot pinpoint the issue.

Currently using OBSE/OBMM/Wyre Bash, and I would rather not type out all my mods, so if there is a function in OBMM or Wyre Bash (or another program) that can print my mod and load order I will post them here.

The main suspects are all mods mentioned above, and Conduit magic/Fundament(+bundlement)/nGCD/Birthsigns expanded/Advanced magecraft/Fizzle.

If anyone happens to know a fix to this off the top of thier head, or can point me to a resistance limiting mod for monsters (I would rather do 50% magic damage than none at all) I would greatly appreciate it.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Children of Cyrodiil.esm
02  BreakUndies.esm
03  Fundament.esm  [Version ision]
04  CCC.esm
05  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.4.1]
06  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
07  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
08  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.0]
09  USIPS Additional Changes.esp
0A  Enhanced Water v2.0 ND.esp
0B  Paladin.esp
0C  VipCxj_AirSystem.esp
0D  Lock Bash Omega.esp  [Version 1.5]
0E  EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
0F  Neck Seam Concealers Expanded.esp  [Version 1.1-SI]
10  Neck Seam Concealers Expanded DD.esp  [Version 1.1]
11  Knights.esp
12  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
13  EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
14  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 5.3.2]
15  EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
16  ConduitMagic.esp
17  Fizzle.esp  [Version 3.0]
18  DenockArrowToo.esp
19  realArchery_eng.esp
1A  SDR_Core.esp  [Version 4.5.0]
1B  SDR_Perks And Patches (Oblivion).esp  [Version 4.5.0]
++  EVE_KhajiitFix.esp
1C  SupremeMagicka.esp  [Version 0.90b]
1D  Higher Magic and extras.esp
1E  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.7EV]
++  bgMagicEVStartspells.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
++  bgMagicEVAddEnVar.esp  [Version 1.68EV]
++  bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp  [Version 1.5]
1F  KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
20  Advanced Magecraft.esp
++  MagesGuildSkillRewards.esp
21  CoC NPCs and Clothes.esp
22  Improved Child Clothing and Armor.esp
23  Improved Child Races.esp
24  Neck Seam Concealers Expanded LL.esp  [Version 1.1-SI-AT]
25  AdvancedMagicLeveling.esp
26  00 shield rings.esp
27  Corpse Grabber v1.esp
++  Disable Tutorial Text.esp
++  Emperor_F.esp
28  Birthsigns Expanded.esp
29  Blades BU.esp
2A  BFG's Enhanced Armory.esp
2B  Bundlement.esp  [Version ision]
2C  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
++  MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
2D  MH Harvest Melan Armors for BUv2.esp
++  CCC.esp
2E  MH Papimeru Armor for BUv2.esp
2F  MH Khezu Armor.esp
30  Basic Personal Hygiene.esp  [Version 1.3]
31  nGCD.esp

Thanks, haven't been using Wyre Bash long, so that is very useful to know.

While I am here, is there a way to rebuild bash patch and exclude certain mods? So far I have been manually moving them out of my data folder while rebuilding, and I know there must be a way to make exceptions. I just don't happen to know it haha.

One other issue, I had it fixed on my previous install but somehow this time it refuses to fix, but I have a few mods like CCC, as you can see above, and I have all my races looking quite nice, EXCEPT Golden saint and Dark seducer, they have eyes a good few inches to the sides of the eye sockets. It doesn't affect my actual game, but it annoys me, if someone knows of a quick fix (so far bash patching didn't fix it, and niether did swapping mod order), feel free to mention it.

Supreme magicka adds a sneak attack bonus to magic attacks. Maybe SDR is conflicting with it. SM is highly configurable though, so maybe turning the magic sneak attack feature off will fix it.

I thought that too, it seems highly likely, but disabling either doesn't seem to fix it (unless it managed to save itself into my save, in which case I have no idea how to clean it properly.)

And I would happily turn off the spell sneak attack, if there was an ini option. My only option is to remove the whole part of code there and hope it doesn't break anything.

It is also wierd that it wasn't acting like this on a previous install with both active, could it be a backlash form a bash patch? (I re-installed for other reasons at that time, it broke, again, on this current install.)

I hate to double post, but new info that might help eliminate Supreme Magicka from the suspects. I used the uninstall mode, made a fresh save, disabled the whole mod, then loaded, tested, still resisted.

Has anyone esle ever had this behaviour from SDR alone?

I do know the problem started at some point after I started using SDR, but I had SDR installed on my previous install with no issues, so I wonder if it has anything to do with my bashed patch. Can a bashed patch edit things without having the bashed patch active? Because I dont seem to have any luck making the problem go away by re-bashing or removing the bashed patch.

EDIT: I tell a lie, messing around with Supreme majicka disabled, THEN turning off the bash patch fixes this completely. Can someone give me some pointers on what and how to exclude when I build a new one? I think bashing SDR and SM together broke something, but which is better to exclude? SDR is basically my only sneaking one, it doesn't seem to affect anything else worth bashing for, would that be the better one to exclude?

Edited by Xenavire

I see, yes. i thought there was an option to turn off sneak attacks and technically there is, by setting the multipliers to 100 but I don't think that will do the trick. Have you tried swapping the order before rebuilding the patch?

I'm no expert, but I think that after you disable a mod you need to rebuild your bashed patch ... otherwise there will be 'leftovers' from the disabled mod in your old bashed patch. The idea evenstargw suggested would be my first troubleshooting step, and if that doesn't work then the disable and rebuild.

Quick update: Problem seems to be resolved, need to do some testing to make sure, but seems promising so far. SDR and SM obviously don't play well if you bash them together, but making a new bash patch while excluding SDR, and loading SDR after SM seems to work. I might leave a comment in SDR's thread, to alert the author of the conflict, they might feel like patching it themselves, otherwise my experience might help other people with the issue. (Assuming my game is "clean" from the bug for now.)

After further testing the bug seems to be completely fixed.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by Xenavire