moving modded skyrim from C to D

Blightboy

hey there

So I wonder If i can move my modded skyrim from C to another harddrive (example D) I have steam library on other drives so not all my steam games are on C

The thing is I believe C drive (where is my windows) has some effects on some mods so I want my skyrim to be away from the windows drive, but I don't want to restart modding it, am able to move skyrim with all the mods by a copy paste?

I am using MO which is installed inside skyrim SE folder and has all the mods installed inside.

I'm not sure what you mean by installing all of your mods from MO inside your game's folder , but I assume I'm just misunderstanding how you organize this

but basically , you can move your installation of the game to the other drive , and just move all of MO's folders to a new location , reinstall MO to the new drive (if you wish) and just configure it to recognize the game in the new location , and the new location of the folders (mods , downloads etc)

this should do the trick , as far as I know

I'm not sure what you mean by installing all of your mods from MO inside your game's folder , but I assume I'm just misunderstanding how you organize this

but basically , you can move your installation of the game to the other drive , and just move all of MO's folders to a new location , reinstall MO to the new drive (if you wish) and just configure it to recognize the game in the new location , and the new location of the folders (mods , downloads etc)

this should do the trick , as far as I know

What i mean is , when I download a mod and install it, it will be installed inside mod organizer folder which is inside skyrim SE folder

so if i copy skyrim SE folder even mod organizer and all the mods inside it will be copied, but will it work.

I didn't install mod organizer thro the installer because i have problem with it, so what I did was extracting the rar inside skyrim SE folder.

so in short copy paste will work fine right? and all my mod and plugins list will be the same as it was in C?

I started with NMM since first came to Nexus. Saw MO and felt it was scary because of all the lengthy install instructions for mods. But the reason I quit Skyrim and FO4 (several times) were entirely due to the inability to migrate my mod installation to a new harddrive or a new computer: felt exhausted to do it all over again.

I wish anyone told me about MO2’s coolest feature: portable. All my installed mods are in MO2 folder. And I am free to move it around. I already moved from D to C, I am going to copy it on my laptop to play on the road. All I needed was to copy and paste the folder and edit the paths in setting.

It looks like you used the Portable version of MO2 because you said you didn’t use installer. If so, you can test by copy the entire MO2 folder to a new location. Copy, not MOVE, because if things go wrong, you won’t have to live with the regret. If all went well, delete MO2 on old location.

After a move, all you need to do is to check all the paths to make sure they are in correct order. Then run Skyrim. Skyrim may not even know you moved, thanks to the virtual file system.

I started with NMM since first came to Nexus. Saw MO and felt it was scary because of all the lengthy install instructions for mods. But the reason I quit Skyrim and FO4 (several times) were entirely due to the inability to migrate my mod installation to a new harddrive or a new computer: felt exhausted to do it all over again.

I wish anyone told me about MO2’s coolest feature: portable. All my installed mods are in MO2 folder. And I am free to move it around. I already moved from D to C, I am going to copy it on my laptop to play on the road. All I needed was to copy and paste the folder and edit the paths in setting.

It looks like you used the Portable version of MO2 because you said you didn’t use installer. If so, you can test by copy the entire MO2 folder to a new location. Copy, not MOVE, because if things go wrong, you won’t have to live with the regret. If all went well, delete MO2 on old location.

After a move, all you need to do is to check all the paths to make sure they are in correct order. Then run Skyrim. Skyrim may not even know you moved, thanks to the virtual file system.

Thanks very much, its the answer I wanted!