Broken Quests--Is there a way to restart?

BeerHunter

I am currently playing through the Fighter's Guild quest "Den of Thieves" ( Mission: Go to a dungeon and clear out all bad guys...); well, I have killed everything but there are still "two" quest icons on the map (green arrowheads) although there is nothing there. I have searched every inch of the place for triggers or hiding enemies, and found nothing...I have concluded that the quest is "broken." :wallbash:

My "closest" save point prior to this quest is two levels ago, and I really don't want to have to re-grind through those quests to get get another "chance" at this quest.... I would really like to solve this "problem" without having to reload and play 2 levels worth of quests again...

My question is:

Is there a way to "reset" a quest, so that you could try it again...I really do not want to have to re-grind from the level 15 save point back to where I am now...

I appreciate any help or advice.

-BH

So you have to clear out a dungeon for the quest? Is the dungeon marked as "completed", "cleared" or whatever it is called when you look at the main map and hover your mouse over the quick-travel marker?

Using console commands you can mark that quest as done - Go here for console commands & the stage you want to complete. http://www.uesp.net/...blivion:Console

The command you are looking for is probably completequest <questID> where questID is the Identification of the quest you want to complete.

OR, setstage <questID> to advance to the nest stage in a quest without finishing it.

If the quest you are doing is The Den of Thieves, the ID is FGC03Thieves.

Look here for quest stages. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Den_of_Thieves

The WIKI has a listing like this for every quest in the game. I recommend bookmarking it. :thumbsup:

NOTE: Once a stage is passed, you cannot go back to a previous stage. (unless you go back to an earlier save) So be sure you want to complete that stage before using the console to advance it.

If you are playing on an Xbox or PS3 - sorry bout your luck. This only works for PC. :tongue: