Modding problems

Osuirof

I "resurrected" my interest in Oblivion, tinkered a little, but got problems.

- I made leveled lists for poisons. One for weak, one for normal, one for strong. But I can't seem to buy any other than weak (no, I'm not on too low level, to have stronger ones). Even when using CS inventory preview, only weak ones are being generated. What am I doing wrong ?

- is there a way to make NPC's wear rings, amulets, etc ?

On the subject of rings and amulets there are left hand rings and right hand rings. The player can equip two lefts or two rights but the NPCs cannot. To get them to equip two rings you need to make sure they are one left and one right. If you want specific rings then you'll need to make a copy of one of the two lefts or two rights and then switch it to the opposite hand. Example ... if you want an NPC to wear the Ring of Perfection and the Ring of the Iron Fist (both of which are left hand rings) you will need to open one of those vanilla rings in the CS and give it a new ID (create new form ... let's say call it My Perfect Ring). You would then edit My Perfect Ring and make it equipable on the right hand.

NPC will wear amulets, but of course only one item can be equipped in that slot at a time. If the NPC isn't already wearing something that obviously occupies the amulet slot you may have them wearing some mod added clothes that use the amulet slot for a clothing/armor item (pretty common practice). You can confirm this by stripping them naked except for the problematic amulet. If they display the amulet then but not when dressed that may be the problem. The other possibility is that many upper body clothing/armor items have the 'Hide amulet' box ticked. Again you can make a copy and change that using the CS.

Edited by Striker879

For the leveled list issue, we'll need more information to assist you. Are you using individual leveled lists? Have you combined all three into a nested leveled list? What is Chance None set to on all lists? What other options are checked off for the lists (i.e. Calculate for each item in count, calculate for all items <= player)? What level is each list set to?

Would you be willing to provide us with the .esp so we can look through it ourselves?

On the subject of rings and amulets...

I would really like, if just once, things were simple, and easy ;]

Any idea if Wrye Bash tweaks (Armor Shows Amulets\Rings, Unlimited Amulets\Rings, Right Hand Rings, etc.) can mess up NPC's ?

Are you using individual leveled lists?

?

Have you combined all three into a nested leveled list?

As in leveled list, within a leveled list ?

First time no, but in second attempt yes -same result.

What is Chance None set to on all lists?

0, had > 0 too, worked normally (there was a chance that it will not generate anything), but still only weak poisons were generated.

What other options are checked off for the lists (i.e. Calculate for each item in count, calculate for all items <= player)?

Tinkered with all that (now both Calculate are checked), there were differences, but still only weak poisons were generated.

What level is each list set to?

Weak 1 - 5

Normal 6 - 10

Strong 11 - 15

Would you be willing to provide us with the .esp so we can look through it ourselves?

Well, I'm tinkering with someone's else's mod, so...

I thought the Wrye Bash tweaks were supposed to make showing amulets and rings possible even with armor/clothing that was set to hide rings. I'm not sure that it is supposed to make wearing two lefts or two rights possible for NPCs. I just used the CS to make an opposite handed copy of any I found useful (and made them zero weight while I was at it so I could easily 'give' one to any NPC, companion or not).