Container ID Creation Kit

JP0005

Hi everyone, i discovered something about ''containers'' like cabins, end tables, chests ect.

When u make a new room or worldspace and want to place containers in them, u will have to give them ''a unique new ID'' before u change anything like what is in it.

Because if u dont, the existing containers in the game will be changed.

Like for example i have 2 chests, one on the left, and one on the right....

I change the first one to (name of container) Left, and the other one to (name of container) right.

And this is because otherwise the items of container left will also be in container right.

It is also a very good idea to place the name of the room in the containers ID name, so u know what is what.

And if u make another new worldspace or room in a new mod, then they wont collide.

Like for example, i have a room called ''jackson farm basement'', then i want to have that name in the ID, or JFB for short.

Then when i make another room in a different mod, like for example, ''breezehome basement'' and i use the same type of container like in the jackson farm basement.,

i can use that again, and then name the container breezehome basement container (or something like that).

Too keep it short, always have original ID names (the normal names dont matter) it is about the ID names, or codes, whatever u like to call it (Item codes if u want).

And i repeat, NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING, before u made a copy of the original container.

I hope this was helpful.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers JP0005

Seems like common knowledge for a modder to me, but thanks for sharing your discovery with us anyway.

Yeah well this was also for beginners, just to prevent the mistakes i made in the beginning :P.

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Tutorials

Here's all ya need for a beginner :P Have fun modding!

Also, you technically don't have to make a copy of every new container you want, just click yes when the dialogue appears and asks if you would like to create a new form. OR change the ID of the reference in the game :P

Edited by DaveSpins

• 1 year later...

Wow, people are being such snide jerks. He's obviously well-intentioned.

I did not know this information, and I am a beginning modder. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, this is one of the first pages I found from searching google for containers.

EDIT - sorry for the necro, Just wanted to give my $0.02.

Edited by Dahveed