Win7 problems with mod utilities

theuseless

Hi, I recently got a laptop with windows 7 on it. I was used to using programs like NifSkope in WinXp. I have found some issues with running modder utilities in the Win7 environment. My question is fairly simple: Do I install a separate partition running Windows XP? Or do I run emulation software? I found a program called Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, which can 'fix' programs to work properly.

Any advice would be great, I remember there being a sticky about these issues, but I cannot find it.

theuseless

I understand that Oblivion has to be in it's own folder, outside the program files folder. I have had problems using some of the programs, such as NifSkope. They say that they need extra libraries. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 7 pro with all updates. I was able to create extra libraries with the Act tool from Microsoft. I believe this to be the best work around. I was just wondering if using the Act program (basically a script extender) would be most efficient. The alternative is using emulation or partitions. Which would be less demanding on my computer?

Thanks and kudos for the fast replies.

--edit--

I will come back and give kudos. The site seems to be bugged atm

Edited by theuseless