Data files empty

SupremeEpicness

After I installed The creation kit, Data files on the launcher was empty. Even The skyrim.esm and update.esm were gone. I've tried reinstalling skyrim but that didn't work. At first the nexus mod manager crashed at start up, but after I reinstalled it it worked. Then the nexus mod manager said it was installing mods but the launcher's data file was still empty. What should I do.

• 3 weeks later...

After I installed The creation kit, Data files on the launcher was empty. Even The skyrim.esm and update.esm were gone. I've tried reinstalling skyrim but that didn't work. At first the nexus mod manager crashed at start up, but after I reinstalled it it worked. Then the nexus mod manager said it was installing mods but the launcher's data file was still empty. What should I do.

I am having the same problem. Is there a solution to this?

@endlessdoom - then you don't have the same problem - yours is related to the Steam workshop. While The OP is having a problem with NMM data AFTER installing the CK. Both likely relate to the path specified to store mods, but the solutions will be somewhat different.

@endlessdoom - then you don't have the same problem - yours is related to the Steam workshop. While The OP is having a problem with NMM data AFTER installing the CK. Both likely relate to the path specified to store mods, but the solutions will be somewhat different.

But the problems appears after i have installed the CK.

I also formatted but the problem is still there.

What should i do?

But the problems appears after i have installed the CK.

I also formatted but the problem is still there.

What should i do?

well, my problem is the same as endlessdoom,

i also reinstallled my skyrim so the game worked but the data file was still empty,

i played the game to see if the mods were working, some of my mods were working, some weren't,

i tried to install nmm, but the datafile was still empty, and my mods are acting weird

i have to select each mod in nmm every time i start my game(is that normal for nmm?)

some of my mods:

valdacil's item sorting, Remodeled Armor, Baratheon Armor, Better Dynamic Snow, Bard Svaknir Summon, cloaks of skyrim, glowtastic, belua sanguinaire, home tree

dont know what to do, wish you could help me guys,

You can try to add to your SkyrimPrefs.ini (C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Skyrim) the following Line under [Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

Edited by TheMan21