Remaining fragments of f4 after quitting the game?

SirDanest

When I quit out of Fallout 4 (or crash to desktop, as is all the rage these days) I find that if I try to reboot the game and reload a save, any and all of my save-games will fail and crash. I have to reboot the computer, and then it works fine. I'm wondering if anyone has any technical insight as to why this might be happening (On win 10). Yes ,I'm loaded to the brim with too many mods, but I can't imagine how or why they'd prevent me from being able to reload the game without having to restart the whole computer each time.
I checked the task manager and it doesn't look like fallout 4 remains in the processes.

In my case, everything seems to indicate that the game has closed just fine, but I can't reload any saves without rebooting the computer. It seems this means that _something_ must be remaining from the game, but I can't figure out what, or how to detect it or clear it.

... is has not happened to me but too many weird things have happened in SkyrimSE and Fallout4 recently that make me believe that is something being done by Beth thru Steam so they are forcing us to quit playing those games and go for their new one ( Fallout76 ) when is out. Since everything is thru an internet connection, anything can be loaded by them that is causing the problem mentioned above.

Anti-virus companies send you a virus ( easy to remove by their anti-virus ) on purpose that is later cleaned by their anti-virus to make you believe you have been protected so you fall in the trap to continue paying an annual fee to them.

Same principle here, SkyrimSE has been reported to be very unstable and now Fallout4. How so when they have been patched ( supposedly ) and they should work better than before ? Something is going on behind the curtain !

Hi

Years ago I had the same problem with Skyrim LE. When I mentioned it, some people told me I was crazy.

I gets worse. Some errors can survive a reboot. I switch off and count to 30(or when LEDs go out), then switch on before try to hunt down a CTD.

Yes I am paranoid.

This happens less often since I update to 16gbs ram from 8.

It has been more of an issue with Fallout 4 than Skyrim SE.

Later

I'm definitely not being paranoid, this is pretty consistent now. It definitely fails to reload any and all saves after a crash to desktop. Only rebooting the computer fixes it. I wouldn't doubt that the crashes are ram related in the first place, for me. But I don't see how it somehow "knows" that it crashed and won't reload until I reboot. Shouldn't that be impossible?

I'm definitely not being paranoid, this is pretty consistent now. It definitely fails to reload any and all saves after a crash to desktop. Only rebooting the computer fixes it. I wouldn't doubt that the crashes are ram related in the first place, for me. But I don't see how it somehow "knows" that it crashed and won't reload until I reboot. Shouldn't that be impossible?

Corrupted data in ram not being flushed.

I was a programmer back in the 16bit era. I added closing routines to my games/programs to flush the ram. It was the polite thing to do at the time. Up until about 2010 I used small Windows Apps to do the same thing. Since then I have only used them with photoshop and illustrator. Adobe programmers are not polite.

Later