Damn it, Bethesda! Another update?

Colress

Seriously, unless it's a bugfix, I wish they'd stop already. It's getting tiresome to have to update f4se and mods that rely on it constantly. I'd go offline, but the Steam Summer Sale is going, so...

Why are they even still updating the game anyways? Is there a point?

I'd go offline, but the Steam Summer Sale is going, so...

No need to go offline. Just set your game to update only on launch. As long as you launch through F4SE, your game won't update - subject to the following extra bit:

You have to ensure that you've run the steam client application (i.e. the regular steam icon that you run to get to your library) in your current session before launching the game. Otherwise, even if you use the F4SE launcher, it'll trigger the steam launcher and update. From what I can tell, as long as you run Steam once per session (i.e. from PC boot-up to shutdown), you're golden. You can close it right afterwards. (Although, out of paranoia especially when I know there's a pending update, I admittedly sometimes re-launch it during one session.) I'm no techno-wiz, but I'm guessing it has to do with a Steam process that continues to run after you first launch Steam. (You can see a few Steam processes via task manager even after you close it.) And if you launch F4SE without that process running in the background, it triggers any pending game update.

Anyways, techno-reasons aside, this will keep your game as-is so you don't have to worry about updating f4se every freakin' 2 weeks.

Bethesda isn't updating the game per se, they are updating the stupid Creation Club content. It will break f4se every single time, so might as well get used to it, unfortunately.

Bethesda isn't updating the game per se, they are updating the stupid Creation Club content. It will break f4se every single time, so might as well get used to it, unfortunately.

Why get used to it when you can simply avoid the hassle via your steam settings? The fact that the only changes are to accommodate CC content is exactly why there's no point in going through this PITA over and over.

Looks like this latest update actually added some new stuff other than monthly CC update compatibility.

Source? I still haven't found any actual changelog. Only a list of CCrap, which included a house mod and even more paint jobs.

Why get used to it when you can simply avoid the hassle via your steam settings? The fact that the only changes are to accommodate CC content is exactly why there's no point in going through this PITA over and over.

I know I can change settings, but I have the time, usually, so I try not to worry about it. Letting it stress me out doesn't help me. I can always play Skyrim while I wait. :)

I save the new files & copy the replaced versions back. When SKSE updates I copy the new versions back.

Hopefully they will forget about this game after Fallout 76 comes out.

I really don't like their direction. No more DLCs it's just disgusting CC that add nothing if you don't bother at all. IDK why?? I never updated past 1.9.4 because lots of my loaded mods work better for some reason with 1.9.4. Then CC came and broke many mods.