SkyUI saying SKSE is not working.

DanielDuncan

Error Code 1

Yeah, I got that. We should all know what this is by now, At least I do, all too well now.

So, I have been tooling around with this now for two days, here is the deal.

I downloaded the special edition of SKSE, SKSE64. I unzipped the archive, copied the .dlls and the .exe to my main SkyrimSE folder. Then I copied the .pex files from the Data folder into my SkyrimSe Data folder. I then created a shortcut for my destop for the SKSE loader. Lastly, I went into properties and told it to run as administrator.

With me so far? Good. Now, I install SkyUI and run the game.

Uh oh, Error code 1.

Now what? What is going on here? I know for a fact I did this correctly. I have done it before with Skyrim(oldrim), hundreds of times. And in the last 2 days I have unistalled my skyrimSE and reinstalled it twice. I have tried this in so many different combinations. I even tried doing this all through Mod Organizer 2 and still I got nothing.

I am stopping just short of declaring that SKSE is broken, but only because I know there are people who it is functioning fine for.

Honestly, I wouldn't even know that SKSE wasn't functioning properly if SkyUI had not told me so. I mean, the game is launching just fine using the SKSE loader shortcut/exe. If I remove the SkyUI mod I have no evidence at all that SKSE is not working.

And even then, when I am in game, despite the warning, SkyUI mostly functions, except an insane 3-5 second lag when opening inventories/chests.

And by the way, just in case you are wondering, SkyUI and SKSE are the ONLY things I have going on right now and will not go any further until those two mods are working properly. Also, just to squash this before it is even brought up, the inventory is not even remotely full, we are talking about rag armor and rag shoes, and that is it, even before I pick up the dead guy's equipment.

When I Google the problem I get topics on full inventory and incorrect installation of SKSE, but neither of those apply to me, as my inventory is not full and I have obviously installed SKSE correctly and run it as administrator.

So, in summary:

SKSE64 is installed correctly, exactly according to the instructions in the readme.txt , checked, double checked and checked again, multiple times AND I am running it as adminstrator, and I launch the game through the SKSE shortcut.

-SkyUI5 is installed via the NMM AND/OR MO2 (both and both are tossing the error code 1 message).

-Nothing in inventory to lag the inventory, I haven't even unlocked the door yet.

-ONLY SKSE64 and SkyUI are installed, with absolutely nothing else.

-Nothing, not Steam, not the NMM, not MO2, not anything to do with any video game is installed in a windows controlled folder, everything is installed in a custom folder on my PC, C:\Games

-And as to my computer, well, I am running a GTX 1080 8gb, 16gb DDR4 RAM and i7 7700k and my OS is on an SSD. More than enough to crush this game, hell I can record in 4k while the game is running with no noticeable problems.

So I need some help here people. Got any suggestions that have not been covered in Google searches?

Your best bet is probably to leave a note on the Posts tab asking what that particular error code means.

According to the Skyrim version of SkyUI, the recommendation for Error Code 1 is to reinstall SKSE, which you've already done. It could be that the version of SkyUI you're using doesn't recognize the latest version of SKSE.

Your best bet is probably to leave a note on the Posts tab asking what that particular error code means.

According to the Skyrim version of SkyUI, the recommendation for Error Code 1 is to reinstall SKSE, which you've already done. It could be that the version of SkyUI you're using doesn't recognize the latest version of SKSE.

The problem with this is that the only place I can post is to the SkyUI page. And it seems their standard response is "if there is a problem it is with SKSE". And when the error code pops up for SkyUI, it makes it absolutely clear what the trigger of the error code is, its says it is because SKSE is not functioning. Which is odd to me because the skse_loader.exe operates just fine, int hat it boots the game, at least.

The most frustrating part is that I can hop onto YouTube right now and see people playing Skyrim Special Edition with mods, including SKSE and SkyUI, just fine, with no problems at all. And I have done what they have done yet it is not working for me.

However, I suppose, I will go into the archived builds of SKSE and dig up something slightly older than 2.0.7, maybe try the older 2.0.4, which is the minimum version that is listed for SkyUI as compatible.

Edit: 2.0.4 is not compatible with the current build of Skyrim Special Edition itself, so I will just have to do some further investigation. Though, I am beginning to think I may have messed up somewhere, somehow, that the problem may in fact, in the end, be me.

Edited by DanielDuncan

I have no idea what's causing your problem but can say SKSE64 2.0.7 works fine with the latest SkyUI so it is your installation. It'd be a pain but I'd just start again from scratch and move steam & skyrim out of x86.

You are posting tot he wrong threat, clearly, because my Skyrim is not installed in X86. I clearly stated, VERY clearly stated that my installation is in a custom directory. To quote myself; "-Nothing, not Steam, not the NMM, not MO2, not anything to do with any video game is installed in a windows controlled folder, everything is installed in a custom folder on my PC, C:\Games"

To be honest here, you are the exact reason why I haven't posted to the mod page itself. #nothelpful

This issue is resolved. And just in case you were wondering, the problem is very vaguely stated in my original post. If you are observant enough you will see it as clearly as I do now. Such a stupid mistake on my part, especially given all the experience I have and how many times I have done it in the past.

A free cookie to anyone who can find my error. I will check back in a few days to congratulate anyone who observed my error, I even bookmarked this page so coming back will be easy. See you in a couple days.

"Then I copied the .pex files from the Data folder into my SkyrimSe Data folder." That is where the problem was. Oops. But as usual, it is the user who is at fault, I had already suspected it was an issue with me though.

Same problem here but didn't copy the .pex files to the data folder. Anyone willing to help?

Without further information, it's pure guessing. Please be more specific.

In general, exactly follow the installation process as described here. Basically, this tutorial contains everything you need to know about SKSE64:

• 11 months later...

thats the tutorial i followed, went ingame and it said its running fine (as shown in the video) but skyui wont install, says skse is not installed. same problem ive had for a bit, done a few reinstalls of the game and etc. any ideas?