ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Can't uninstall HDT clothing

MichaelTorr

I'm running the standard (not special) edition of skyrim. And I need to uninstall a mod (I install via NMM).

I installed the bouncing boobs mod (HDT Physics Extension, Bodyslide, CBBE, compatible clothing mods), and I can't seem to uninstall it.

I've tried uninstalling the only clothing and armor mods I can find in my set up (cloaks of skyrim, common clothes, omnisway clothing replacer, opulent outfits, Vanilla outifts bodyslided) I've even tried uninstalling bodyslide, outfit studio, and CBBE. I can't uninstall HDT Physics Extension because then the game crashes.

I get the feeling I may have somehow completely erased my vanilla outfits & armor and permanently replaced it all with HDT clothing. Although if I did do that, it was only through bodyslider (I really don't understand what I am doing with that program), because I never manually deleted anything.

The only other thing I can think of is reinstalling the game. But this is going to be difficult because a few of the mods I have installed required script editing, and that's a lot of work to redo.

Attached is a screen cap of all my mods, and the current state they are in.

Okay, first the good news: there's no way you completely erased the vanilla outfits or permanently replaced them with HDT stuff. The originals are still there, in the default BSA files that come with Skyrim. They're just not being used right now because you have loose files that are overriding them.

When you used BodySlide, it would have created new files in your Data\meshes\ folder reflecting whatever changes you made to the armor. When you uninstalled all those mods, those files are likely being left behind. If you look there, you'll see meshes\armor and meshes\clothes folders. Remove those and you'll take out the files you need to be rid of. You may need to reinstall any new armor mods afterward, but I don't see any of those in your mod list anyway.

Edited by DarkRudra

Thank you :)

I got it fixed.

I just deleted the contents of those two folders like you said, and the game went back to normal.

I took note of those folders in the past, and looked at their content, and it all looked like stuff that belonged in the game, the folders had normal names like iron, steel, studded, elven, dwarven, glass etc. so I left it alone.

Also without the custom clothes and the bouncy breasts, I noticed the game also seems to run smoother.