[LE] Torturing Victims (Shackle Markers)

you cannot to my knowledge lock them the shackles are kind of like a chair the npc is just scripted to use it, you might be able to use the creation kit to put in some kind of combat overide but ive never heard of that

• 3 months later...

Im having same issue, thou i have a solution for part of you problem, if you edit the torture victim base and edit the ai package, in the flags i believe there are "ignore combat" and "no combat alert" (or something similar, should be one under the other) these will stop your torture victim engaging in combat, but will not make your NPC stay in shackles when hit, ive been trying to solve this for days now, in fact i just i started from scratch and duplicated dawnstar sanctuary made my own identical copies cbsittarget, cbtorturevictimpackage, cbtorturevictim. litually copied and renamed everything so as to not affect anything else in the game.

Load it up fire an arrow at them and they fall straight out, yet everything is an exact copy of dawnstar, im no expert at this but im not a beginner either.

Soved issues with bookcases, plaques ect not liking being set to exact 90 degree angles, and tryed this with the shacklemarkers but no joy.

Im starting to think this maybe an update issue but i havent completed the dark brotherhood storyline in my game so carnt really check that that still works properly.

Im completely stumped

• 3 years later...

I figured it out.

#1 place Wall Shackle marker.

#2 drop a Xmarker in front of the shackle marker

#3 Ref Link shackle marker to Xmarker

#4 Link NPC to X marker.

NPC must have the SitTarget AI package with nothing else.

Also the Wall Shackles seemed to disappear on Me, so I placed a set of IMPwallshackles slighty below the marker set . You have to tweak it in size and position to get it to look right though.

• 4 years later...

If anybody reads this and is still having problems, follow these steps...

1. Go into the cell "WarehouseFurniture"

2. Highlight the shackles marker as well as the shackles object there and copy.

3. Paste the 2 copied things against a wall in your cell. Position them correctly.

4. Place an X Marker in front of the shackles marker.

5. Create a Linked Ref from the shackle marker (not the shackles) to the X Marker. No keyword is needed.

6. Place the NPC you want to appear in the shackles, in front of X Marker. (NOTE: Make sure the NPC has NO scripts and I use the package "DLC1VQ03TortureSceneSit" in AI Package List and nothing else.)

7. Create a Link Ref from the X Marker to the NPC and use keyword "isShackleWall"

I did not test to see if I could hit them like you can in the Dark Brotherhood torture room, but at least the NPC is in the shackles and stays there.