ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Should I use the armor?

xSkunken

Hi, I just joined the Dark Brotherhood after completing every mission in the Thieves Guild (Becoming Leader)

The armor I got from DB is much worse than my Thieves Guild armor. But it does have some good aspects. Do u think I should use it?

Hi, I just joined the Dark Brotherhood after completing every mission in the Thieves Guild (Becoming Leader)

The armor I got from DB is much worse than my Thieves Guild armor. But it does have some good aspects. Do u think I should use it?

You should at least use the Dark Brotherhood boots because they allow you to sneak w/o making noise.

I also recommend that you download the Masters of Death mod. It adds better looking DB armor.

Personally, I just use the best armor, no matter which faction it is. When I'm being a Stormcloak in the beginning, I use Imperial light armor because it's stronger. It doesn't make any difference to the other NPCs or how they treat you.

But if you find your immersion suffers from wearing the wrong armor for the quests you're doing, then it would be important to wear the faction armor even if it's not as good.

Edit: Later on in the Dark Brotherhood they give you much better DB armor.

Edited by groupoffriends

If you are the sneaking type, Dark Brotherhood all the way. Boots give you muffle, gloves give you x2 backstab, chestpiece gives you poison resistance. You don't need the actual armor unless you get caught. :)

Thieves Guild armor has better stats, but unless you are pickpocketing or really, really, really need the extra carrying capacity, go DB.