Simple Minuteman Rifle Replacer

StormyG7

I'm not a fan of energy weapons and while some might find the laser musket pleasantly janky, I find it far too hokey like many of the Fallout 4 weapons. If Someone could simply replace this item with an M1 Garand (I don't care if it's not 100% lore friendly), I would appreciate it.

If not, at least please explain to me how I can use this M1 Garand mod I've downloaded to replace that item through a modding tool for modifying the leveled lists.

Actually, I could use some general help in that area. I found mods that modify the leveled lists to replace the Combat Rifle and Assualt Rifle with real-world weapons (the G67 and R91 respectively). I would like to know if there is a more complete up-to-date mod that simply adds certain weapon mods to the leveled lists or how I can do that myself.

• 2 months later...

Personally I'd suggest looking at one of the Minutemen overhauls already on the Nexus. We Are the Minutemen and Militarized Minutemen are both pretty solid (and compatible with each other). Then add in your favorite weapon mods and you get pretty close to what you are looking for. Still not quite what you have in mind? For those moments I use simply equipitem batch commands with whatever loadouts I want. MM Sniper, MM Explosives, etc. It is a little less immersive than I'd like, however it does reduce my load order a bit and is easier to trouble shoot when things go wrong.

Personally I'd suggest looking at one of the Minutemen overhauls already on the Nexus. We Are the Minutemen and Militarized Minutemen are both pretty solid (and compatible with each other). Then add in your favorite weapon mods and you get pretty close to what you are looking for. Still not quite what you have in mind? For those moments I use simply equipitem batch commands with whatever loadouts I want. MM Sniper, MM Explosives, etc. It is a little less immersive than I'd like, however it does reduce my load order a bit and is easier to trouble shoot when things go wrong.

much more immersive to set that up in fo4edit before you start the game.

We Are the Minutemen is, sadly, broken at higher levels. I used to use it allot but it just breaks the quests, I haven't used the recent update so maybe it doesn't break the minutemen quests now. I use Militarized Minutemen since it gives the minutemen more specialized roles with higher levels (like the other factions get) and their leveled list is changed to include (at least for me) more of the modded weapons I've downloaded. So yeah beyond making your own leveled list, not every minuteman will show up with a M1 but there is a chance they would with that mod - granted laser weapons are still used mostly by the sniper types, but not every tom, dick or harry is carrying them around.